|Val Chmerkovskiy Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||March 24, 1986|
Val Chmerkovskiy is a Ukrainian-American professional dancer who is known for appearing on the U.S. version of Dancing with the Stars, which he has won twice. In addition to that, he is also a two-time World Latin Dance Champion (Junior and Youth) as well as a 14-time U.S. National Latin Dance champion.
Valentin Aleksandrovich Chmerkovskiy
Val Chmerkovskiy, VC
Odessa, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union
He divides his time between –
- New York City, New York, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
Val has studied Business Management.
- Father – Aleksandr “Sasha” Chmerkovskiy
- Mother – Larisa Chmerkovskaya
- Siblings – Maksim Chmerkovskiy (Older Brother) (Dancer, choreographer)
He has been signed to Grinya Talent Agency.
6 ft or 183 cm
86 kg or 190 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Val Chmerkovskiy has dated –
- Normani – It was rumored that he had a fling with American singer and dancer Normani in the past. The duo has an age difference of around 10 years, Val being the older one.
- Chloe Bennet – Previously, he had a short-term romance with American actress and singer Chloe Bennet.
- Kelly Monaco (2012-2013) – When Val partnered with American actress, Kelly Monaco on Dancing with the Stars in November 2012, they were RUMORed to be dating each other. When they were eliminated in 2013 from the show, the dating RUMORs also vanished.
- Janel Parrish (2014) – From October 6, 2014, to December 3, 2014, dancer Val dated another American actress, Janel Parrish. At that time, they were partners on the dancing show DWTS.
- Jenna Johnson (2016, 2017-Present) – Professional dancer Jenna Johnson and Val were an item for some time in 2016. They reconciled in 2017 and started dating again. On June 14, 2018, they publicly revealed their engagement. The couple got married on April 13, 2019.
- Amber Rose (2016-2017) – Model, actress, and fashion designer Amber Rose and Val started dating in September 2016. They broke up in February 2017.
- Rumer Willis (2018) – It was rumored that he started going out with American actress and singer Rumer Willis in the year 2018. They have also partnered for the 20th season of the dance reality competition show, Dancing with the Stars.
Race / Ethnicity
Great muscular build
Val Chmerkovskiy’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 43 in or 109 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
He is the ambassador of Pencils of Promise charity.
He was raised in Jewish faith on his dad’s side and Christian faith by his mom.
Best Known For
Being a professional dancer in the U.S. version of Dancing with the Stars (DWTS). He won the show for the first time when he was partnered with actress and singer, Rumer Willis during season 20.
First TV Show
His first TV appearance was in 2011 when he appeared in the dance competition show Dancing with the Stars as a dance partner/choreographer.
Val has a great body with shredded six-pack abs. Though his workout routine and diet plan are not known, Val believes that he exercises less than his older brother, Maksim.
Val Chmerkovskiy Favorite Things
- Food – Nutella
- Breakfast Cereal – Cocoa Pebbles
- Celebrity – Tommy Chong
Val Chmerkovskiy Facts
- He was born in Ukraine, but his family relocated to Brooklyn, New York City, United States in 1994.
- Valentin first appeared on Dancing with the Stars (DWTS) in February 2006 in season 2.
- In September 2011, he joined the cast of professional dancers in DWTS season 13.
- He supports various charities and has helped build schools in Ghana.
- He can play the violin. Val played violin in Carnegie Hall with his youth orchestra.
- He is very competitive and claims to beat most of his fans at basketball and soccer.
- He has never missed ESPN’s SportsCenter.
- He had his first kiss when he was in kindergarten.
- He likes to drink Tequila. But, he drinks rarely.
- Chmerkovskiy prefers to drink tea with two sugar cubes.
- You can purchase his streetwear brand called VALENTIN, which he launched it in 2013.
- Val started dancing at the age of 7.
- He has a dog, named, Sir Sleep.
- He does not like mannaya kasha.
- He is a partner in several dance studios under the name Dance With Me.
- He is a man of few words.
- “Jazz Hands” is his least favorite dance step.
- “Bro” is the word which Val overuse the most.
- He has two guns with him and likes to show both of them.
- Between 2016 and 2019, he was cast in 2 episodes of the American sitcom, Fuller House.
- He has also shown his rapping skills in a couple of music videos such as “White Boy Boogie,” “Straight Outta Jersey,” etc.
- During his first dance competition, he actually lost his bag and other luggage. So, he had to perform in his grandmother’s shirt and he still won the show.