|Derek Hough Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||May 17, 1985|
Derek Hough is an American professional Latin and ballroom dancer, choreographer, actor, singer, songwriter, musician, and director. He was a professional dancer on the ABC dance competition series Dancing with the Stars from 2007 to 2016 and emerged as the winner of the show a record-breaking six times, with his celebrity partners Brooke Burke, Nicole Scherzinger, Jennifer Grey, Kellie Pickler, Amber Riley, and Bindi Irwin. For his commendable work on Dancing with the Stars, Hough received 9 nominations for the Primetime Emmy Awards for “Outstanding Choreography” and won the award twice. Later, Hough became a judge on the series beginning with its 29th season as well as served as a judge on the NBC dance competition series World of Dance from 2017 to 2020. Moreover, he has also been a part of other shows and movies like Make Your Move 3D, Rock of Ages, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, Better With You, Jane The Virgin, High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, American Ninja Warrior, Nashville, and When I Was 17.
Derek Bruce Hough
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Derek Hough received training in theater, gymnastics, and various forms of dances including tap, ballet, and jazz from the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts in London.
Dancer, choreographer, actor, director, singer, songwriter, musician
- Father – Bruce Hough (Two-time chairman of the Utah Republican Party)
- Mother – Marianne Hough
- Siblings – Julianne Hough (Younger Sister) (Actress, dancer), Katherine Hough (Sister), Mara Beth Hough (Sister), Sharee Hough (Sister)
- Others – Aaron Nelson (Stepfather), Bruce Hough (Stepmother), Colleen Hough (Paternal Grandmother), Bob Hough (Paternal Grandfather), Don Oliver Heaton (Maternal Grandfather), Beth Romaine Young (Maternal Grandmother), Scott Hough (Uncle), Charlie Hough (Uncle), Riker Lynch (Second Cousin) (Musician and member of R5 band), Rydel Lynch (Second Cousin) (Musician and member of R5 band), Rocky Lynch (Second Cousin) (Musician and member of R5 band), Ross Lynch (Second Cousin) (Musician and member of R5 band)
Derek Hough has been represented by –
- Guttman Associates (PR Firm)
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Silver Lining Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Hollywood Records, Morey Management
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $8 Million.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Derek Hough has dated –
- Raquelle Gracie – Just after graduating from Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts, he got into a relationship with model Raquelle Gracie. They went out for about a year before going separate ways.
- India de Beaufort (2000-2008) – Hough started dating the British actress India de Beaufort in 2000. He dated her for around 8 years, making this relationship one of his longest ones. The reason for the breakup was that he had decided to move to the United States to pursue his TV career and his growing closeness to actress Shanon Elizabeth.
- Shannon Elizabeth (2008-2009) – Derek started dating actress Shannon Elizabeth after they had grown close while working as a couple in the dance reality show, Dancing with the Stars. In August 2009, she took to her Twitter account to reveal that they had broken up.
- Joanna Krupa (2009) – After his breakup from Elizabeth, he was linked with Polish model Joanna Krupa, who was his partner in the ninth season of Dancing with the Stars.
- Cheryl (2010) – Hough met English singer Cheryl after she hired him for the choreography work in one of her music videos. He was her first flame after she got the divorce from soccer star Ashley Cole. He also supported her as she struggled with a malaria bout in the summer of 2010. So, it came as a shock for him when she decided to dump him in May 2010.
- Lauren Conrad (2011) – Derek was linked up with actress Lauren Conrad in October 2011 after they had gone out for a couple of dates. Their relationship went public after they headed out for a date at a Los Angeles-based Sayers Club, where they were spotted indulging in PDA by the onlookers.
- Nina Dobrev (2013) – Derek started going out with actress Nina Dobrev in September 2013 after having been introduced by his sister Julianne Hough. They dated for around six weeks before splitting.
- Nikki Reed (2014) – Hough started dating Twilight actress Nikki Reed after meeting her through his sister, who happened to be Nikki’s close friend. She was hanging out backstage at the Dancing with the Stars set to watch his new boyfriend in action.
- Kate Hudson (2014) – Derek hooked up with Kate Hudson in December 2014 after she separated from her boyfriend Matthew Bellamy. Derek had given her dancing lessons and they slowly grew close over time.
- Hayley Erbert (2015-Present) – Derek Hough started dating Dancing with the Stars troupe member Hayley Erbert in 2015. While filming the opening for the show in Los Angeles, they were pictured kissing in August. In October, she uploaded a video on her social media account of them performing a sexy couple dance at her birthday party. In June 2022, it was revealed that the couple had gotten engaged after dating for almost 7 years.
Race / Ethnicity
Derek Hough is of English, Dutch, French-Canadian, German, Swiss-German, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, Scottish, Danish, Swedish, and French descent.
- Short stubble beard
- Blue eyes
Derek Hough has appeared in a TV commercial for the Oreo biscuits.
Best Known For
- Appearing in multiple seasons of dance reality series, Dancing with the Stars
- Being cast in the original production of the theater play, Footloose: The Musical
As a Singer
Derek Hough is part of the pop-rock band, Ballas Hough Band. Their debut studio album BHB was released in March 2009.
In 2001, Derek Hough made his first film appearance in an uncredited role in the fantasy film Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone as Hogwarts schoolboy.
He made his first credited theatrical film appearance as Donny in Make Your Move, a Romeo and Juliet-inspired 2013 South Korean-American independent dance film.
First TV Show
In 2007, Derek appeared as a panelist (himself) on BBC One’s dance reality show DanceX.
Hough relies on dance workouts to keep his chiseled abs in the best shape. He lays special emphasis on a dynamic warmup (like jumping jacks or running at a place for few minutes) before the dance workouts.
To get all-around benefit out of these workouts, he adds a bunch of strength training exercises to the routine as well. These strength training exercises are mostly bodyweight exercises such as squats, lunges, and push-ups. But dumbbells can be added to make the workout more challenging.
Even, when he is traveling, he makes sure that he isn’t missing out on his daily exercise. If the hotel has a gym, he goes for regular cardio plus strength training workouts otherwise, he relies on pushups and situps to work up a sweat in the hotel room.
Derek Hough Favorite Things
- Food – Sushi
Source – Twitter
Derek Hough Facts
- He has created a history in Dancing with the Stars by becoming the first dancer and choreographer to have won the competition 6 times.
- In August 2014, he published his first book Taking the Lead: Lessons from a Life in Motion, which managed to creep into New York Times bestseller list.
- He worked as a choreographer with ice dancers Meryl Davis and Charlie White before the 2014 Sochi winter Olympics. They went on to win gold at the event.
- In 2002, he managed to win WDSF World Youth Latin Championship.
- During the 2021 Creative Arts Emmy Awards, Derek won the award for “Outstanding Choreography For Variety or Reality Programming” for Dancing With the Stars.
- In November 2021, it was revealed that Derek had been tested positive for COVID-19.