|Go Ara Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||February 11, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Go Ara is a South Korean actress and model who is known for having been cast in roles such as Goo Ra-ra in Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol, Lee Ok-rim in Sharp, Kang Ha-ram in Black, Park Cha Oh-reum in Ms. Hammurabi, Chun Yeo-ji in Haechi, Eo Soo-sun in You’re All Surrounded, Sung Na-jung in Reply 1994, Kang Hae-bin in Heading to the Ground, and Aro in Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth.
Jinju, South Gyeongsang Province, South Korea
Go Ara attended Chung-Ang University, one of the leading private comprehensive research universities in South Korea, and studied theatre.
- Father – He was a soldier.
- Sibling – Go Yunseok (Younger Brother)
Go Ara is represented by the Artist Company.
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Go Ara is of South Korean descent.
- Often sports forehead bangs
- Pierced ears
Go Ara Facts
- Due to her father’s profession, she traveled a lot across South Korea. This also somehow prevented her from having friends.
- One of her friends recommended her to audition for the talent agency SM Entertainment while she was in junior high and she subsequently became the winner of the SM Entertainment Teen Model Contest in the year 2003.
- Go Ara appeared as Yoo Da-mi in the 2006 television series, Snow Flower, and this role won her the 2006 SBS Drama Award for “New Star Award” and 2007 43rd Baeksang Arts Award for “Best New Actress”.
- She co-starred as Chun Yeo-ji, a female police detective who investigates crimes, in the 2019 historical period drama television series, Haechi, and for this role, she was nominated for the 2019 SBS Drama Award for “Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Mid-length Drama”.
- It was revealed on March 7, 2019, that during the filming of Haechi, she ruptured her Anterior talofibular ligament and was hospitalized.
- She has also been appointed as an Ambassador of Farming and Forestry, Good Neighbors (NGO) Goodwill Ambassador, Seoul Police Goodwill Ambassador, Ambassador for the Korean Air Force, and Swiss Friend, an ambassador of Switzerland by Switzerland Tourism.
- Go Ara has made appearances in music videos for songs like Innocent Blue by Mink, A Million Pieces by Cho Kyuhyun, Before U Go and Hug by TVXQ, and Juliette (Japanese ver) by SHINee.
- Some of her hobbies include listening to music and playing the flute.
Featured Image by 디스패치 / YouTube / CC BY 3.0