Kimbra Lee Johnson
Hamilton, New Zealand
Kimbra went to the Hillcrest High School in South Western Hamilton. After the completion of her school education, she was prepared to start her college studies at the University of Auckland. However, she bagged a record contract and instead decided to move to Australia to pursue a professional singing career.
Singer, actress, and, model
- Father – Ken Johnson (Head doctor at the student health center at University of Waikato)
- Mother – Chris Johnson (Worked as an orthopedic nurse)
- Siblings – Matthew Johnson (Older Brother)
Kimbra is represented by
- Auckland based Artist Voice
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment
Pop, jazz, R&B, indie rock
Vocals, guitar, sound design
Forum 5, Warner Bros Records
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
As she prefers to keep her private life firmly away from the spotlight, little is known about her dating status and history.
Race / Ethnicity
- Fringed hairdo
- Broad smile
33-25-33 in or 84-63.5-84 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU)
Kimbra’s song Miracle has been used for the TV commercial for Mary Kay.
Her religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Having collaborated with popular pop singer Gotye for the single, Somebody That I Used to Know, which was recognized as the Record of the Year at 55th Grammy Awards.
- The success of her second studio album, The Golden Echo, which managed to debut at number 5 in Australia and New Zealand music charts.
In 2011, Kimbra released her debut studio album, Vows in Australia. The reworked version of the album was released in the United States and Europe in 2012.
Kimbra is yet to make an appearance in a theatrical film.
First TV Show
In 2011, Kimbra made her first TV show appearance in the music game show, RocKwiz, in which rock music based trivia is asked.
Kimbra’s workout routine and diet plan aren’t available.
Kimbra Favorite Things
- Food – Japanese Food. Especially, an entrée dish known as Okonomiyaki, which is a cross between an omelet and vegetarian pancake.
- Clothing Store – Op Shop
- Music Artists – Jeff Buckley, Bjork, Prince, Rufus Wainwright, and Nina Simone
- Travel Destination – South France
- TV Shows – British Comedies
- First Album Purchased – Diorama by Silverchair
- Color – Red
- Norma Jean Album – Bless the Martyr and Kiss the Child
- The Golden Echo Singles – Rescue Him and Love In High Places
- Guilty Pleasure – Watching Family Guy for hours and vegging out
- Her Personal Feature – Big Lips
Source – NZ Girl, Reddit, Galore Mag
- While she was studying in high school, she participated in national schools’ musical contest Rockquest for three consecutive years. In 2004, at the age of 14, she managed to grab the second position in the competition.
- While studying in high school, she was also a member of the school’s jazz choir called Scat.
- She started performing at a very young age and by the age of 10, she had performed at the Waikato Times Gold Cup race meeting in 2000.
- In 2002 (at the age of 12), she sang the national anthem at the NPC rugby union final in front of 27,000 spectators.
- She started writing songs at the age of 10 and started playing guitar at 12.
- She got her first record contract at 17 after she was signed up by Mark Richardson to his independent label, Forum 5.
- In her 2014 interview with Daily Mail, Kimbra revealed that she suffers from asthma and has to keep an asthma inhaler near her microphone during her live shows to prevent any unfortunate episode.
- In 2013, she was made the ambassador of the not for profit organization, So They Can, which focusses on education and works on building local economies through social business and microfinance assistance.
- Visit her official website @ kimbramusic.com.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Myspace, iTunes, and Tumblr.
Featured Image by Anaïs Chaine / Wikipedia / CC BY-SA 3.0