|Kimbra Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||March 27, 1990|
Kimbra is a New Zealand singer, songwriter, model, and actor. Her discography consists of albums and songs like Primal Heart, Vows, The Golden Echo, Simply on My Lips, Come into My Head, Miracle, Deep for You, Good Intent, Cameo Lover, Settle Down, Warrior (ft. Mark Foster and A-Trak), Two Way Street, Human, Goldmine, 90s Music, Like They Do on the TV, Sweet Relief, Lightyears, Everybody Knows, Top of the World (solo or ft. Snoop Dogg), and Version of Me (solo or ft. Dawn Richard). She has also won several accolades for her work including at least 4 ARIA Music Awards, 2 Grammy Awards, and 7 New Zealand Music Awards. Additionally, Kimbra has been a part of a variety of shows such as Rock in Rio, RocKwiz, Saturday Night Live, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Sesame Street, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Project Runway Australia, Last Call with Carson Daly, Late Show with David Letterman, and Late Night with Seth Meyers.
Kimbra Lee Johnson
Hamilton, New Zealand
New York, United States
Kimbra went to Hillcrest High School in South-Western Hamilton. After the completion of her school education, she was prepared to start her college studies at the University of Auckland. However, she bagged a record contract and instead decided to move to Australia to pursue a professional singing career.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Model
- Father – Ken Johnson (Head doctor at the student health center at the University of Waikato)
- Mother – Chris Johnson (Worked as an orthopedic nurse)
- Siblings – Matthew Johnson (Older Brother)
Kimbra has been represented by –
- Artist Voice, Talent Management Company, Auckland, New Zealand
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Pop, jazz, R&B, indie rock
Vocals, guitar, sound design
Forum 5, Warner Bros Records
Her net worth had been $3 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She had dated –
- Josh Moriarty – She has been romantically involved with musician Josh Moriarty.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English descent.
- Fringed hairdo
- Broad smile
33-25-33 in or 84-63.5-84 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
7.5 (US) or 5 (UK) or 38 (EU)
Kimbra’s song Miracle has been used for the TV commercial for Mary Kay.
Best Known For
- Having collaborated with popular pop singer Gotye for the single, Somebody That I Used to Know, which was recognized as the Record of the Year at the 55th Grammy Awards
- The success of her second studio album, The Golden Echo, which managed to debut at number 5 on Australia and New Zealand music charts
In 2011, Kimbra released her debut studio album, Vows in Australia. The reworked version of the album was released in the United States and Europe in 2012.
First TV Show
In 2011, Kimbra made her first TV show appearance in the music game show, RocKwiz, in which rock music-based trivia is asked.
Kimbra Favorite Things
- Food – Japanese Food. Especially, an entrée dish known as Okonomiyaki, which is a cross between an omelet and vegetarian pancake.
- Clothing Store – Op Shop
- Music Artists – Jeff Buckley, Bjork, Prince, Rufus Wainwright, and Nina Simone
- Travel Destination – South France
- TV Shows – British Comedies
- First Album Purchased – Diorama by Silverchair
- Color – Red
- Norma Jean Album – Bless the Martyr and Kiss the Child
- The Golden Echo Singles – Rescue Him and Love In High Places
- Guilty Pleasure – Watching Family Guy for hours and vegging out
- Her Personal Feature – Big Lips
Source – NZ Girl, Reddit, Galore Mag
- While she was studying in high school, she participated in the national schools’ musical contest Rockquest for three consecutive years. In 2004, at the age of 14, she managed to grab the second position in the competition.
- While studying in high school, she was also a member of the school’s jazz choir called Scat.
- She started performing at a very young age and by the age of 10, she had performed at the Waikato Times Gold Cup race meeting in 2000.
- In 2002 (at the age of 12), she sang the national anthem at the NPC rugby union final in front of 27,000 spectators.
- She started writing songs at the age of 10 and started playing guitar at 12.
- She got her first record contract at 17 after she was signed up by Mark Richardson to his independent label, Forum 5.
- In her 2014 interview with Daily Mail, Kimbra revealed that she suffers from asthma and has to keep an asthma inhaler near her microphone during her live shows to prevent any unfortunate episode.
- In 2013, she was made the ambassador of the not-for-profit organization, So They Can, which focuses on education and works on building local economies through social business and microfinance assistance.
- On April 20, 2018, she released her 3rd studio album titled Primal Heart via Warner Bros. Records and it peaked at number #12 on the New Zealand Albums (RMNZ) chart, at number #31 on the Australian Albums (ARIA) chart, and at number #179 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- Alongside Rose McIver and George Mason, she co-starred as Maisie in the musical drama film Daffodils in 2019.
Featured Image by Anaïs Chaine / Wikipedia / CC BY-SA 3.0