|Mark Foster Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||February 29, 1984|
Mark Foster is an American singer, songwriter, and musician who is the lead vocalist of Foster the People and is famous for his band’s crossover hit single, Pumped Up Kicks (2011). He has more than 200k followers on Instagram.
Mark Derek Foster
San Jose, California, United States
Singer, Songwriter, Musician
- Father – Daniel Foster
- Mother – Kathleen Foster
Indie Pop, Alternative Rock, Neo-psychedelia, Indie Rock, Dance-pop, Indie Electronic
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Keyboards, Synthesizers
- Columbia Records
- Startime International
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mark has dated –
- Helena Reznor
- Michelle Trachtenberg (2012)
- Taylor Swift (2012)
- Joslyn Fink
- Julia Garner (2018-Present) – He married Ozark actress Julia Garner on December 27, 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, Irish, German, and Welsh ancestry.
Several tattoos including a shamrock, boxing gloves, etc.
Mark Foster Favorite Things
- Songs – God Only Knows by The Beach Boys, Tom Ford by Jay-Z
- Movie Soundtrack – Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins from Top Gun (1986)
- Childhood Song – I Get Around by The Beach Boys
- Club Anthem – We Found Love by Rihanna and Calvin Harris
- Wedding Song – In The Air Tonight by Phil Collins
- Song From Foster The People – Pseudologia Fantastica
Source – YouTube, ShortList.com
Mark Foster Facts
- He previously wrote jingles for brands such as Verizon and Honey Bunches of Oats.
- His band was initially named ‘Foster and the People’ but it was changed to ‘Foster the People’ after fans regularly misheard the band name as the latter.
- Mark suffered from drug addiction.
- From 2012 to 2015, he worked on a side project with current band member Isom Innis called Smims & Belle.
Featured Image by Julio Enriquez / Wikimedia / CC BY 2.0