|Shruti Haasan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7.5 in|
|Date of Birth||January 28, 1986|
Shruti Haasan is an Indian actress and singer best known for her work in Tamil, Hindi, and Telugu language films like Anaganaga O Dheerudu (2011), D-Day (2013), and Vedalam (2015). Her astounding acting skills as a lead actress in the South Indian cinema has earned her several awards such as the Filmfare Awards South for “Best Female Debut” in 2012. Shruti is also a cherished social media personality with more than 16 million followers on Instagram, more than 8 million followers on Twitter, and more than 28 million followers on Facebook.
Shruti Rajalakshmi Hassan
Shruthi Haasan, Shruti K. Haasan
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Shruti completed her schooling at Abacus Montessori School in Chennai. Later, she graduated with a degree in the subject of psychology from St. Andrew’s College in Mumbai.
Her center of attention being acting and music, led her to travel to Los Angeles, California to study music at the Musicians Institute.
- Father – Kamal Haasan (Politician, Director, Actor, Dancer, Producer, Playback Singer, Songwriter)
- Mother – Sarika (Actress, Sound Designer, Costume Designer, Associate Director)
- Siblings – Akshara Haasan (Younger Sister) (Actress, Assistant Director)
- Others – Charuhasan (Uncle) (Actor, Lawyer), Anu Hasan (Cousin) (Actress), Suhasini Maniratnam (Cousin) (Actress)
Bollywood, Alternative Rock, Jazz, Rock, Pop
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shruti has dated –
- Siddharth Suryanarayan
- Ranbir Kapoor (2014) – Actor Ranbir Kapoor and Shruti were rumored to be dating after they had been together in a Philips advertisement in 2014. However, Shruti addressed the media stating that the rumors were false and she found it to be funny, ridiculous, and irrational.
- Michael Corsale (2016-2019) – Shruti started dating the Italian actor Michael Corsale in November 2016. The two had been spotted together on multiple occasions after Michael had flown to India for a week and spent Valentine’s day with her in 2017. They met through a mutual friend in London when she was there to record a track with a British band called “Dinosaur Pile-Up”. In the summer of 2019, they seemed to have separated.
- Santanu Hazarika – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
- Thick eyebrows
- Plump Lips
Shruti has done endorsement work for many brands like –
- Nestle (Munch)
- Acne Star
Best Known For
- Being the lead actress in several films such as Luck (2009), 3 (2012), Balupu (2013), and Race Horse (2014)
- Having won many awards for her acting skills such as Filmfare Awards South
for “Best Female Debut” in 2012, Asiavision Awards for “Excellence in Tamil” in 2013, and IIFA Utsavam for “Performance In A Leading Role-Female” in 2015
As a Singer
Shruti has released several songs as a playback singer such as Potri Paadadi Ponne (1992), Ram Ram Hey Ram (2000), Allah Jaane (2009), Alvida (2013), and Don’t You Mess With Me (2015).
Shruti made her theatrical film debut as a child artist in the comedy-drama-based film Chachi 420 in 1997.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance on the talk-show Comedy Nights with Kapil in 2015.
Shruti’s workout routine is mostly based on cardio training that includes running sessions which help increase agility, stamina, endurance as well as strengthens the core. She also loves to do 45-50 minutes dance sessions that helps burn the extra fat and relieve her of the everyday stress while having fun.
For her diet, Shruti makes sure to keep eating healthy. She believes that taking in the right nutrition is better than starving or skipping meals. Her meals usually consist of protein and carbs packed foods such as eggs, muesli, Idli (South Indian Cuisine), fresh fruits, green leafy vegetables, salads, soups, and grilled chicken.
She also believes that in order to detoxify the body, the consumption of coconut water and watermelon juice is crucial instead of water.
Shruti Haasan Favorite Things
- Makeup Brands – Mac, Benefit
- Clothing Brands – Aldo, Guess
- Pastime – Watching Television Commercials
- Food – Sushi, Sambhar
- Beverages – Coconut Water, Watermelon Juice
- Way To Exercise – 45-50 Minute Dance Session
- Movie – Mughal-E-Azam (1960)
Source – MTV.com, NDTV Food, Instagram Q/A
Shruti Haasan Facts
- At the age of 6, she made her singing debut for the film Thevar Magan.
- Growing up, she used an alias “Pooja Ramachandran” to hide her true identity so that her friends did not treat her like a celebrity child.
- She is considered to be a trained Kuchipudi dancer, which she had learned for her role in Oh My Friend.
- She began singing when she was just 6 years old and at the age of 16, she started her own alt-rock band called The Extramentals.
- Shruti is a collector of shoes. She has over 100 pairs of shoes.
- She has walked the ramp for several designers including Saaksha & Kinni in 2018 at the Lakme Fashion Week.
- She is considered a lucky charm for the IPL team Chennai Super Kings.
- In 2018, Shruti earned the prestigious title of being the most desired woman during a survey that was conducted by the Chennai Times.
- In late June 2022, Shruti revealed that she was battling PCOS and endometriosis with facing the worst hormonal issues at that time.
Featured Image by TeachAids / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0