|Sarika Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3½ in|
|Date of Birth||June 3, 1960|
Sarika is an Indian actress, costume designer, sound designer, and associate director who has been cast in a variety of roles in movies like Bheja Fry, Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Baar Baar Dekho, Manorama Six Feet Under, Shoebite, Satyakam, Geet Gaata Chal, Zid, Majhli Didi, Bin Phere Hum Tere, Jyoti Bane Jwala, Jaani Dushman, Satte Pe Satta, Shriman Shrimati, Yeh Vaada Raha, and Badle Ki Aag. Moreover, for her role as Shernaz in the drama film Parzania, Sarika received the National Film Award for “Best Actress” in 2005.
New Delhi, India
Actress, Costume Designer, Sound Designer, Associate Director
- Father – Dinesh Sawant (Used to work at J.J. Hospital, Medical Photographer)
- Mother – Kamal Thakur
5 ft 3½ in or 161 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sarika has dated –
- Deepak Parashar
- Tutu Sharma
- Mithun Chakraborty
- Subhash Ghai
- Sanjay Dutt
- Sachin Pilgaonkar – She was previously married to film and television actor, director, singer, and producer, Sachin Pilgaonkar, for a short duration.
- Karan Kapoor – Sarika has also been engaged to photographer, actor, and model, Karan Kapoor, in the past.
- Kamal Haasan – She was also married to Kamal Hassan, the well-known actor, dancer, film director, screenwriter, producer, playback singer, lyricist, and politician. They parent 2 daughters – Shruti Haasan (b. January 28, 1986) and Akshara Haasan (b. October 12, 1991). However, the duo got divorced in the year 2004.
Race / Ethnicity
Sarika has Marathi and Himachali roots.
- Lean physique
- Deep-set eyes
- Often played the vamp or ‘westernized’ girl in films
- She was very young when her father abandoned the family and this forced Sarika to start working in order to support her family. Therefore, she did not attend school.
- Sarika started acting at a young age.
- She was at the peak of her acting career when she gave it all up after her marriage to Kamal Hassan and moved to Chennai.
- She won the National Film Award for “Best Costume Design” for the film Hey Ram (2000).
- Alongside Amitabh Bachchan, Sarika co-starred as Gauri Shekhar in the television psychological thriller miniseries, Yudh, in 2014.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0