|Sachin Pilgaonkar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||August 17, 1957|
Sachin Pilgaonkar is an Indian actor, director, producer, writer, and singer who began his acting career as a child artist with films like Ha Maaza Marg Eekla (1962), Majhli Didi (1967), Jewel Thief (1967), Chanda Aur Bijli (1969), Brahmachari (1968), Mela (1971), etc. He later proved his acting prowess with leading and supporting roles in films such as Nadiya Ke Paar (1982), Geet Gaata Chal (1975), Balika Badhu (1976), Trishul (1978), Satte Pe Satta (1982), Sholay (1975), etc.
Sachin Sharad Pilgaonkar
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Actor, Director, Producer, Writer, Singer
- Father – Sharad Pilgaonkar (Film Producer, Owner of a Printing Business)
- Siblings – He has 1 younger sister.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sachin Pilgaonkar has dated –
- Sarika – He was briefly married to the actress Sarika, with whom he starred in films like Geet Gaata Chal (1975) and Zid (1976).
- Supriya Pilgaonkar (1985-Present) – He met and fell in love with the Marathi actress Supriya Sabnis while directing her in his debut Marathi film, Navri Mile Navryala (1984). The couple tied the knot on December 21, 1985, in a traditional Maharashtrian ceremony in Mumbai. Supriya was 18 years old at the time of her wedding while her groom was 10 years older than her at 28 years of age. In spite of their age difference, the duo is one of the most loved couples in Marathi cinema and the two have collaborated on several films together such as Ashi Hi Banwa Banwi (1988), Maza Pati Karodpati (1988), Navra Maza Navsacha (2004), etc. The couple welcomed a daughter named Shriya Pilgaonkar on April 25, 1989. Shriya also followed in her parents’ footsteps and is an actress.
Race / Ethnicity
- Youthful looks
- Short height
- Low voice
Sachin Pilgaonkar Facts
- At the young age of 4 years, he starred in the 1962 Marathi film titled Ha Maaza Marg Eekla (This is My Own Singular Path). His stellar performance in the film earned him the National Film Award for ‘Best Child Artist’, which he received from the then-Indian President, Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan.
- Sachin and his wife competed in the inaugural season of the dance reality show, Nach Baliye in 2005. In spite of being the oldest couple on the show, the two emerged as the winners of the competition with their spectacular dance performances.
- His autobiography titled Hach Maza Marg, which chronicles his 50-year-long film career was released in 2017.
- Sachin directed his wife on the popular 1990s sitcom Tu Tu Main Main, which also starred Reema Lagoo, Mahesh Thakur, and Kuldeep Pawar in important roles.
- Supriya was born on August 17, 1967, which is 10 years to the day that her husband was born. Thus, the two celebrate their birthdays together each year.
- In addition to being fluent in Marathi, Hindi, and English, Sachin is also proficient in the Urdu language. He learned the language from the likes of Majrooh Sultanpuri and the actress Meena Kumari.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0