|Theeradej Wongpuapan Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||December 3, 1977|
Theeradej Wongpuapan is a Thai model, TV Host, and one of the most popular film and TV actors in Thailand. He started his career as a model but his father, also an actor, encouraged him to pursue acting. He rose to prominence after his performance in the 2005 TV series Song Rao Nirandorn. Since then, he has appeared in numerous films, TV series, and commercials and has become one of Thailand’s most loved celebrities. He was honored with a place in the ‘Star Hall of Fame’ in 2012.
Theeradej completed his high schooling from Bangkok. He then briefly attended ABAC University to pursue a bachelor’s degree before moving to Californa to study photography from the Brooks Institute of Photography. He had to quit the course after 2 years though and return to Thailand due to the Asian financial crisis of 1997.
Actor, Model, TV Host
- Father – Weeraprawat Wongpuapan (Actor, Director) (Died in 2014)
- Mother – Kanchana Wongpuapan (TV Show Writer)
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Theeradej has dated –
- Butsakorn Wongpuapan (1999–Present) – Theeradej married famous Thai actress Butsakorn Pornwannasiriwej on October 25, 2007. The couple has 2 sons together named Khunatum “Khun” Wongpuapan (b. August 17, 2008) and Thippatai “Jun” Wongpuapan (b. August 4, 2010).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Thai descent.
- Clean-shaven look
- Dense hair
- Lanky frame
Theeradej has appeared in the TV commercials for brands such as –
- SB Furniture
- Dentiste Toothpaste (Appeared with his wife, Butsakorn Wongpuapan)
Theeradej Wongpuapan Favorite Things
- Sport – Basketball
Source – Facebook
Theeradej Wongpuapan Facts
- In 1985, Theeradej had made a cameo appearance as a seven-year-old in the TV series The Six Siblings, which was directed by his father.
- Theeradej’s career took flight when a producer spotted him at a family wedding and asked him to try his hand at modeling. He followed the producer’s advice and eventually moved from modeling to doing music videos and ultimately to professional acting.
- Theeradej has won the coveted “Best Leading Actor” award at the Golden Television Awards numerous times for his work in the TV series such as Ey Mah Lek (2002), Song Rao Nirun Dorn (2005), Sawan Biang (2008) and Sood Sanaeha (2009).
- Fans have also voted him as the “Most Popular Thai Male Star” 6 years in a row from 2006 to 2011 as per the Suan Dusit Poll. He was also voted as the “Most Popular Thai Actor” in the 2009 ABAC poll.
- Queen Sirikit, the Queen mother of Thailand, had attended Theeradej’s wedding ceremony in 2007.
- In 2007, he acted in, directed, and produced a short film titled The Office and donated all its profits to help build schools for needy children.
- In 2008, he started serving as the special Thai ambassador of UNICEF. He was also appointed as an ambassador for the “White Ribbon Year Project” by the Government of Thailand in 2010. The project is aimed at addressing violence against children and women.
- His hobbies include photography, making short films, traveling, and collecting antique watches.
- In an interview, Theeradej had stated that he has been shy since his childhood and hates socializing.
- He has started a production company with his wife named Citizen Kane production house which has produced TV dramas like Ra Rerng Fai (2017-2018).
Featured Image by Theeradej Wongpuapan / Instagram