|Alba Baptista Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||July 10, 1997|
Alba Baptista is a Portuguese actress who rose to fame after her performance as Raquel in the short film Miami (2014) for which she received the “Best Actress Award” at the Festival Ibérico de Ciné. She gained further recognition by starring in several other films such as Patrick (2019) as Marta and by appearing in numerous Portuguese telenovelas and series like A Impostora (2016-2017) where she played the lead role of Beatriz Varela. Since 2020, she has been part of the Netflix series Warrior Nun as the main role of Ava Silva, marking her English-language debut.
She is represented by –
- UTA Talents
- Subtitle Talent
- Elite Lisbon
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Justin Amorim (2014-Present) – She has been in a relationship with director Justin Amorim. They had started dating shortly after working together on the Portuguese movie Leviano (2014).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Portuguese descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Soft, gentle looks
- Tattoo on her back
Alba Baptista Favorite Things
- Pastime – Spending time outdoors and enjoying the beauty of nature, Being with her friends whenever she gets a chance
- Hobbies – Hiking, Swimming
- Fan Of – Self-recorded auditions, loving the ability thereby to have more control over the audition and being able to put the emphasis on doing her very best
- Passion – Traveling, having appreciated the beauty and culture in different parts of the world, and having visited many destinations including Greece, Brazil, and Myanmar
Source – TVOverMind
Alba Baptista Facts
- She is fluent in English, Portuguese, French as well as German.
- Alba has disclosed that she has yearned to be an international star and it has been noted that her ability to speak 4 languages should prove very useful to her in her mission.
- She has revealed that although she was always interested in acting, she had never considered pursuing it on a serious level. It was only in 2014 when she was called for a casting for the film Miami that she realized how much she truly loved acting and that it was her deep desire to explore, learn, and grow. At that time, she had no idea of what even a casting was and how it worked. She has affirmed that she was very lucky to have the director looking for a specific mentality that would match the role and she had got along perfectly with what he was searching for.
- In June 2021, she was honored with the “Shooting Star” award at the 2021 Berlinale Film Festival.
Featured Image by Alba Baptista / Instagram