|John Krasinski Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||October 20, 1979|
John Burke Krasinski
Brighton neighborhood of Boston, Massachusetts, USA
John graduated from Newton South High School, Massachusetts, in 1997.
He postponed his first college semester to teach English in Costa Rica. Thereafter, he studied at Brown University for a Bachelor’s degree in English Literature from where he graduated in 2001 as a playwright with Honors after studying theater under the guidance of Lowry Marshall and John Emigh.
John enrolled in National Theatre Institute, an intensive theater program conducted at Eugene O’Neill Memorial Theater Center in Waterford, Connecticut.
To further refine his craft as an actor, John also studied at the Royal Shakespeare Company, Stratford-upon-Avon, England, and The Actors Center, New York City.
Actor, Film Producer, Film Director, Screenwriter
- Father – Ronald Krasinski (Doctor specializing in Internal Medicine)
- Mother – Mary Clare Doyle (Nurse)
- Siblings – Kevin Krasinski (Oldest Brother) (Doctor), Paul Krasinski (Older Brother) (Strategic Consultant)
- Others – Felicity Blunt (Sister-in-law) (Literary Agent), Stanley Tucci (Brother-in-law) (Felicity’s husband – Actor, Director, Producer)
He is signed with these agencies –
- Formerly with Creative Artists Agency (CAA) for 6 years before signing up with William Morris Endeavor (WME), Beverly Hills, California in 2011 (Agency)
- ID Public Relations (Publicist)
- James S. Adams from Schreck Rose Dapello & Adams, New York (Legal Representative)
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
92 kg or 203 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
John has dated –
- Rashida Jones (2005–2006) – The famous actress was a part of popular sitcoms, The Office (2005–2013) and Parks and Recreation (2009–2015) and started dating John about the time their characters on The Office were also paired romantically. Krasinski rooted for Rashida to get the job on his show and even though, their relationship did not work out on screen or in real life, their break-up was amicable. They were often seen going out a few times post-breakup as well.
- Renée Zellweger (2007) – They were publicly seen grabbing a cup of coffee together a couple of times while filming the movie, Leatherheads (2008) which sparked speculation that the two might be dating. But, it proved to be a RUMOR.
- Emily Blunt (2008–Present) – John met Emily through a chance meeting right after relocating to Los Angeles. At that time, he was more concerned about settling in the new city and not on the look-out for a relationship. He took Emily to a gun range for their first date hoping for the worst, but his attraction towards her only got stronger. He felt lucky to know that Emily reciprocated his feelings and was eager to propose lest she had second thoughts. They got engaged in August 2009 and had a destination wedding in Italy in July 2010. The ceremony was organized at a good friend, George Clooney’s Lake Como estate who was also one of the guests with his then-girlfriend, Elisabetta Canalis. Together, John and Emily have two daughters, Hazel (b. February 2014) and Violet (b. June 2016).
Race / Ethnicity
John has a Polish father and an Irish mother.
- Tall frame
- Big Nose
- Clear, Bold voice
- Pleasant facial features that potentially represent a good-natured guy
12 (US) or 11.5 (UK) or 45 (EU)
- Even before making it big in Hollywood, John Krasinski was doing voiceovers for TV commercials and continued despite a compounding increase in his mainstream acting work. Some of the brands he has done TV commercials for are:
- He did print ads for the following brands:
- Puma (2006)
- GAP (Holiday Campaign with Amy Adams) (2007)
- Part of a multi-starrer black and white mini-movie, directed by David O. Russell for PRADA, sub-titled “PAST FORWARD”.
- Promoted Reebok’s Zprint sneakers on his Twitter account.
Best Known For
- Playing the charming sales representative, Jim Halpert on The Office from 2005 to 2013.
- Has played second lead in several high-profile film projects most notably, George Clooney’s directorial venture, Leatherheads (2008) and 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (2016).
His first break was playing an extra as judge’s assistant on the sets of State and Main (2000). But, his role was uncredited.
First TV Show
One episode appearance in the TV series Ed in the episode titled, Good Advice (2003).
- Before 2015, John had a fairly average build with 25% body fat, until he was cast for 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi. To look convincing playing the part of a Navy Seal, John sought help from celebrity trainer, Jason Walsh, owner of Rise Movement training studio in West Hollywood who also trained his wife Emily for Edge of Tomorrow (2014).
- For 4 months, he had to work out twice a day, 6 days a week.
- Morning workout was meant primarily for cardio while evening workouts focused on conventional weight training.
- Jason gave John a strong strength foundation by incorporating a lot of squats, pressing, pulling and rowing movements and made him finish every strength / hypertrophy workout with metabolic finishers such as HIIT Tabata circuits or sled drags.
- In terms of food, John was primarily living off the chicken, salad, and water. However, his trainer taught him how to time his daily carbohydrate intake and explained the importance of a high carb and protein meal right after an intense workout to replenish his fatigued muscles.
- After playing a navy seal and training like one, John has outgrown his skinny fat build and has become fairly disciplined about working out. His newfound knowledge of serious training also helped build a closer bond with fellow actor Chris Pratt who underwent a physical transformation of his own. The two actors got together on Memorial Day (May 29, 2017) to undertake the #Murphchallenge.
- The challenge constitutes a grueling workout of a one-mile run, 100 pull-ups, 200 push-ups, 300 air squats closed with another one-mile run while wearing a 20-pound weight vest performed in honor of late Navy SEAL officer Michael P. Murphy to raise money for the scholarship foundation in his name.
John Krasinski Favorite Things
- Beyoncé Song – Formation, Album – Lemonade (2016)
- Showbiz Memory – Sitting on Conan O’Brien’s couch and pretending to be interviewed as a guest star when he was still an intern on that show.
- Red Sox Player – David Ortiz, Ted Williams
- Mississippi Food – Fried Green Tomatoes at Walker’s Drive-in Bistro
- Cheesecake Flavor – Coffee/ Chocolate
- Disney Character – Mary Poppins
- TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Best Part About New York – Food
- Restaurant – La Esquina in Soho, NYC
- Popcorn – Plain salted, no butter
- M&M Flavor – Peanut
- Animated Film – Toy Story (1995)
- Comedy – The Lobster (2015)
- Romantic Comedy – The Devil Wears Prada (2006)
- Movie Soundtrack – Good Will Hunting (1997)
- Veteran Actor – Marlon Brando
John Krasinski Facts
- His The Office co-star B. J. Novak was also his schoolmate in Newton South High School. Both of them played on the same Baseball little league team. In fact, Novak even gave John his first stage experience by casting him in a satirical high school play.
- John wore braces in high school.
- As a Brown University undergrad, he became a member of the sketch comedy group called Out of Bounds and coached the basketball team in Gordon School in East Providence, Rhode Island.
- He enrolled in college with an intention to become an English teacher inspired by the movie, Dead Poets Society (1989). His college mates introduced him to indie movies and indie music and John found himself hooked to theater and acting.
- At 6’3”, John is a very tall guy, but he is the shortest among his brothers. One of them is 6’10” while the other one is 6’6”!
- He interned as a scriptwriter for Conan O’Brien. After work, John often sat on Conan’s talk show couch pretending to be interviewed as a celebrity.
- John also interned at Hill Holiday advertising agency where he got to work on Dunkin’ Donuts advertising campaign.
- John nearly gave up on acting three weeks before being cast on The Office in 2005. Disappointed with two and half years of struggle working small jobs, John called his mother in September 2005 willing to come home and switch his profession. She recommended he finish the year before giving up.
- In his movie, License to Wed (2007) starring alongside Mandy Moore and Robin Williams, the people playing his character, Ben’s parents are John’s real parents.
- He was ranked #9 in People Magazine’s Sexiest Man Alive list in 2006.
- He auditioned for the role of Steve Rogers /Captain America which eventually went to Chris Evans. He confessed to Conan O’Brien during an interview that he lost his confidence seeing Chris Hemsworth on the sets.
- John’s hit TV Show The Office was nearly canceled by the NBC network after the first two years. Around that time, iTunes came out where The Office was one of the first shows people were buying for $1.99 which they could see for free on TV. The show’s demand and popularity took the network by surprise.
- John saw the movie The Devil Wears Prada (2006) by chance because the superhero flick he went to see at the movie theater was sold out. He liked the movie so much that he had already seen it about 50 times before he met his wife-to-be Emily Blunt.