|Maya Jama Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||August 14, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Maya Jama is a British television personality, radio presenter, and model who rose to fame after co-presenting the TV show Trending Live! (2015-2017). She gained further popularity by appearing on several other programs on the small screen like Cannonball (2017) in which she was the co-presenter, True Love or True Lies (2018) where she was the anchorwoman and The Duchess that had premiered in September 2020 in which she has played the role of Sandra. Maya has also been the host of numerous radio programs including #DriveWithMaya (2014–2017). She has built a substantial social media presence with her Instagram account alone having garnered more than 2 million followers.
Maya Indea Jama
Bristol, Gloucestershire, England, United Kingdom
She attended Cotham School in Cotham in Bristol.
Television Personality, Radio Presenter, Model
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Rico Gordon
- Stormzy (2015-2019) – She has dated British rapper Stormzy. Their breakup was the inspiration behind his single Lessons (2019).
- Ben Simmons (2021) – In 2021, Maya was rumored to be dating basketball star Ben Simmons after they were spotted kissing at the 2021 Wimbledon Tennis Championships in London.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Black and White)
She is of Somali descent on her father’s side of the family and of English, possibly Swedish descent on her mother’s side.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Prominent cheekbones
- Expressive eyes
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Smirnoff.
Maya Jama Favorite Things
- Big Fan Of – The affordable fashion brand PrettyLittleThing having collaborated with the line
- Concept Of Beauty – Having good energy and a positive aura and treating people nicely in the way she herself would want to be treated
- Wellness Regime – Trying to get as much sleep as possible, Just having a good time as she has believed happiness to be synonymous with wellness, Feeling good and not putting too much pressure on herself or working excessively
- Beauty Hacks She Has Trusted – Putting cold spoons ice or freezing peas under her eyes when they are swollen, Showering before bed and dousing herself in coconut oil, Wiping her face with cucumber
Maya Jama Facts
- She was raised in Bristol.
- She was named after the American poet and author Maya Angelou.
- Maya shifted to London when she was 16 years old in order to pursue a career as an actress, kickstarting her job by presenting the weekly music video countdown on JumpOff.TV in London.
- Her charisma has dated back to her teenage years when she was in high school when there would be throngs of students following her around the school.
- Maya has revealed that she had taken beauty inspiration from the girls at her school. She has recalled her earliest beauty memory to have been attempting to do eyeliner at home in her mother’s washroom in Bristol after seeing all the girls applying liquid eyeliner at school and that was her favorite thing ever to do despite being what seemed to be the most difficult art to master in the world. She would sit in the bathroom for hours on end with a face wipe taking it off and redoing it until she could get a cat-eye and that had been the first bit of makeup she had actually learned to do properly.
Featured Image by Maya Jama / Instagram