|Andrew Garfield Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 20, 1983|
Andrew Russell Garfield is a British-American actor, born in Los Angeles, California. Garfield made his Hollywood debut with Lions for Lambs in 2007. In the same year, he received a “British Academy Television Award” for Best Actor for Boy A. Soon, he managed to gain worldwide recognition for playing a superhero in The Amazing Spider-Man in 2012 and its 2014 sequel. In 2016, Garfield was featured in two most amazing historical dramas, Hacksaw Ridge and Silence. The actor was nominated for his role as Desmond T. Doss in the movie Hacksaw Ridge at Academy Award, Golden Globe, and BAFTA Award for Best Actor. He also received an Oscar nomination for the same.
Garfield was also appointed as the Ambassador of Sport for the Worldwide Orphans Foundation (WWO) in 2011. In 2018, the actor earned himself a Tony Award for “Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Play” for Angels in America. In 2011, the actor began dating Emma Stone, but sadly, the couple split in 2015.
Andrew Russell Garfield
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Nationality / Residence / Citizenship
British and American.
Andrew currently resides in Surrey, England.
Andrew Garfield attended Priory Preparatory School, Banstead. Later, he joined City of London Freemen’s School, which is nearby Ashtead. Garfield, then, did training at the Central School of Speech and Drama, University of London from which he graduated in 2004.
Actor, who has appeared in Radio, TV, Theater and Film.
- Father – Richard Garfield (Served as a head coach of the Guildford Swimming Club)
- Mother – Lynn (née Hillman) Garfield (Worked as a Teaching Assistant at a nursery school)
- Siblings – Ben Garfield (Older Brother) (Doctor)
He is signed with Gordon and French.
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
74 kg or 163 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Andrew Garfield dated –
- Shannon Woodward (2008-2011) – In 2008, Andrew started dating actress, Shannon Woodward. They dated for 3 years and separated in May 2011.
- Emma Stone (June 2011-2015) – In June 2011, actors Andrew and Emma started dating each other. They met on the set of “The Amazing Spider-Man” for the first time in 2011 and became an item. They, however, split in 2015 after dating for four years. Their separation was silent as they didn’t create any buzz in the media.
- Susie Abromeit (2018) – Actress Susie Abromeit and Andrew were seen kissing on the Malibu beach in September 2018 during the night time.
- Rita Ora (2018-2019) – In November 2018, Andrew started dating singer Rita Ora after she had separated from musician Andrew Watt. They kept dating for 4 months and separated in March 2019.
- Christine Gabel (2019-Present) – In July 2019, Andrew was seen walking arm-in-arm with model and medical student, Christine Gabel in Los Angeles.
Race / Ethnicity
His dad is from California, United States. Though, his paternal grandparents are from United Kingdom.
Andrew’s mom is also from Essex, England.
- Adam’s apple
- Slender body
He has appeared in a Doritos commercial.
He was also made the ambassador of the Sport for the Worldwide Orphans Foundation (WWO)
Best Known For
2010 film Social Network in which he acted as Eduardo Saverin (Co-founder of Facebook). For this, he got 3 awards as well. Also, he acted as Peter Parker in Amazing Spider-Man in 2012.
2007 film Lions for Lambs for his role as ‘Todd Hayes’. Though Garfield first appeared on screen in 2005. His debut TV Series – Sugar Rush for his role as Tom.
He has also trained his ex-girlfriend, Emma Stone.
Andrew Garfield Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Sunday Roast, Burgers, Bulgogi
- Favorite Actress – Meryl Streep
- Favorite Actor – Mel Gibson
- Favorite Movies – Teen Wolf (1985), The Karate Kid (1984), The Goonies (1985)
- Favorite Band – Arcade Fire
- Favorite Books – Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro, The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger
- Favorite Restaurant – Golden State Foods
Andrew Garfield Facts
- Andrew Garfield became interested in an acting career at 16. Before that, he intended to study business.
- He was physically active in his early years, doing gymnastics and swimming.
- Previously, his family’s surname was “Garfinkel.”
- Andrew has dual citizenship of the United States and England.
- Garfield was named “Top 10 actors to watch” by Variety Magazine in 2007.
- Andrew had appeared in Vogue’s December 2009 issue.
- Andrew Garfield has said in interviews that “I think too much. Being in my body is much more satisfying than in my head.”
- Andrew is not on social media.