Benjamin Thomas Barnes
London, England, United Kingdom
Ben Barnes went to the Homefield Preparatory School in Sutton. He also studied at the King’s College School in Wimbledon.
For his college level studies, he got enrolled at the Kingston University. He studied drama and English literature at the University and in 2004, graduated with BA Honours.
- Father – Thomas Barnes (Professor of Psychiatry)
- Mother – Tricia Barnes (Relationship Therapist)
- Siblings – Jack Barnes (Younger Brother)
- Others – Richard Thomas Barnes (Paternal Grandfather), Patience Elaine Harrington (Paternal Grandmother), Emil Peter Becker (Maternal Grandfather), Cornelia Havelaar (Maternal Grandmother)
Ben Barnes is represented by CAM Talent Agency.
Vocals, drums, piano
His music has been released by –
- Invisible Music
- Republic Records
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ben Barnes has dated –
- Tamsin Egerton (2009-2010) – The English tabloids were linking Ben with actress Tamsin Egerton in September 2009. In order to spend time with him, she had traveled to Australia, where Ben was shooting for The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. They had been going out for quite some time.
- Amanda Seyfried (2013) – Ben was in a relationship with actress Amanda Seyfried by early 2013. They had grown close while working in the movie, The Big Wedding (2013). These rumors were encouraged by Amanda’s interview in which she said that she quite fancied her co-star. Plus, they were spotted together on a number of occasions during that period. Their affair dissipated by July 2013.
- Meganne Young (2017) – Towards the start of 2017, Ben was reported to be going out with actress Meganne Young. These rumors were generated by a picture shared on social media in April 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has English ancestry. On his mother’s side, he is of Dutch, German and Jewish descent.
- High cheek bones
- Cleft in chin
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
In 2016, he became the face of UOMO Salvatore Ferragamo men perfumes.
He has not spoken about his religious beliefs publicly.
Best Known For
- Being cast as Prince Caspian in the fantasy and adventure movie, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010).
- Having played the role of Samuel Adams, who was America’s founding father, in drama miniseries, Sons of Liberty in 2015.
As a Singer
For a brief period of time, he served as a lead singer of the pop band, Hyrise. They had even participated in a competition held to find United Kingdom’s pick for the Eurovision Song Contest in 2004.
In 2007, he appeared in family fantasy film Stardust for his uncredited role of Young Dunstan.
His first credited role was in 2008 when he appeared in a leading role in the black comedy movie, Bigga than Ben.
First TV Show
In 2000, he made his TV show debut as the co-host of the talk show, S Club TV.
Ben Barnes’s workout routine and diet plan aren’t available.
Ben Barnes Favorite Things
- Food – Italian
- London Restaurant – Locanda Locatelli
- Guilty Pleasure – Not working out in gym
- Animal – Lion
- Role Models – Jeff Bridges, Robert Downey Jr., Christopher Guest
- Clothing Item – Armani Leather Jacket
- Movie – This is Spinal Tap (1984)
Ben Barnes Facts
- He wanted to pursue an acting career right after completing school education. However, his parents convinced him to study at university before becoming a serious actor.
- He auditioned for the role of Edward Cullen in Twilight. He managed to become one of the four finalists for the role.
- He also auditioned for the role of Aro Volturi in the latter movies of Twilight series. There was straight competition between him and Michael Sheen for the role.
- Ben Barnes is a supporter of the Make-A-Wish Foundation, which is a nonprofit organization that works to fulfill wishes of children suffering from life-threatening diseases.
- He has done environmental activism work and is a supporter of environmental cause foundations like Greenpeace. He was one of the leading endorsers of their “Save the Arctic” campaign.
- For his role of Prince Caspian in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, he managed to overcome competition from Andrew Garfield.
- He took inspiration from Mandy Patinkin’s accent in 1987 movie, The Princess Bride for his accent in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
- Meet him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.