|Julien Barbagallo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||May 9|
Julien Barbagallo is a French singer, songwriter, drummer, and backup vocalist who has a rich tapestry with musical footnotes. His mind-blowing skills as a drummer are what sent him soaring through the skies and landed him a place with several mesmerizing bands like Tame Impala, Tahiti 80, Hyperclean, and Aquaserge. His profound skills also helped the band Tame Impala produce several hit albums such as Lonerism (2012), Currents (2015), and the live album Live Versions (2014). Apart from touring with the famed, he is also an incredible singer and songwriter who has released several hit album of his own such as Amor de Lonh (2015), Grand Chien (2016), and Danse Dans Les Ailleurs (2018).
Julien was born on May 9.
Toulouse, Perth, Australia
Singer, Songwriter, Drummer
As a member of Tame Impala, he is represented by –
- Paradigm Talent Agency
- Spinning Top Music
- Samuel of Bleu Citron
- Benjamin of Almost Musique
Sunshine Psychedelic, French Pop
Drums, Vocals, Guitar
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Julien Barbagallo has dated –
- Brigid Barbagallo (2016-Present) – Julien seems to be in a relationship with a girl named Bridgid Barbagallo. According to a picture that he uploaded to his Instagram, he seems to have gotten married to Brigid in August 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
Julien has Sicilian ancestry.
- Curly hair
Best Known For
- Collaborating with several well-distinguished bands such as Tame Impala, Tahiti 80, Aquaserge
- Contributing his skills to the release of the albums Lonerism (2012), Currents (2015), and the live album Live Versions (2014) with Tame Impala
- His solo albums Amor de Lonh (2015), Grand Chien (2016), and Danse Dans Les Ailleurs (2018)
Julien released his debut album titled Amor de Lonh on November 1, 2014. It consisted of the following songs La Réconciliation, À Côté de Toi, Ça, Tu Me, La soif, La Réconciliation (Épilogue), Mourir Là-bas, On Se Décide, Il N’y A Pas Mort D’homme, and Tout Dire.
First TV Show
He made his debut TV show appearance with the group Tame Impala in Rage in 2012.
Julien Barbagallo Facts
- He was born in the southwest of France.
- Julien grew up listening to songs by the English rock band Oasis.
- Julien was born with the skill set of a drummer. Even though he had no idea about the drums, he would go beating tin boxes and utensils with knives, spoons, and folks. Later, his parents caught on to his talent and signed him up for music lessons.
- He learned to play the drums while he was in school.
- Julien is a huge fan of football and played his first game when he was 6 years old. In the past, he would also drive around with a pair of goals and a ball in the trunk of his car. During the mid-2000s, he began supporting the Toulouse Football Club.
- His inspiration to become a drummer was influenced by English drummer Phil Collins. He had become such a big fan of his that he once bought a scorebook. Later in his teenage years, he became obsessed with the English band Oasis and Kings of Convenience.
- He once bought a copy of British singer and songwriter Noel Gallagher’s Gibson Les Paul guitar and begun penning down lyrics in English.
- Julien met Kevin Parker for the first time in a bar in 2011. Soon after, the two started their own band called Relation Longue Distance. Later, in July 2012, Julien flew off to Perth for his first gig with Tame Impala.
- He contributed his skills to the release of Aquaserge’s space-jazz album Laisse ça être (2017).
- Julien’s music is influenced by the album Foxtrot and it’s single Get ‘Em Out by Friday (1972) by Genesis, Supersonic (1994) by Oasis, and Sexy Boy (1998) by AIR.
- In 2016, he released his second album Grand Chien and in 2018 his third album titled Danse Dans Les Ailleurs (In English it means ‘Dance in Other Worlds’).
- The album Grand Chien (2016) was recorded by him on his MacBook Pro.
- He knows how to play the bass guitar and keyboard.
- Julien is the only member in the band Tame Impala who is not Australian.
- In the past, he would write non-football related short poems based on words that he would pick up from the Toulouse Football Club game reports on L’Equipe.
- Follow him on Instagram and Facebook.
Featured Image By Julien Barbagallo / Instagram