|Headie One Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||October 6, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Headie One is a British rapper, singer, and songwriter who has released his music both as a solo artist and as a member of the British drill rap group OFB (Original Farm Boys). He has released solo mixtapes titled Headz or Tails (2014), The One (2018), The One Two (2018), Music x Road (2019); and collaborative mixtapes titled Sticks & Stones (2016), Drillers x Trappers (2017), Drillers x Trappers II (2019), and Gang (2020). In October 2020, he had released his first solo studio album titled Edna which was named after and dedicated to his late mother who had passed away when he was just 3-and-a-half years old. Upon its release, the album had peaked at number 1 on the Official Albums Chart, the standard ranking of albums in the United Kingdom that is based on physical sales, digital sales, and audio streaming.
Tottenham, Haringey, North London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter
- Mother – Edna Duah (d. May 1998)
- Siblings – He has an older sister.
British Hip Hop, Trap, UK Drill
- Relentless Records
- One Records
- Starish Entertainment
- Sony Music Entertainment
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ghanaian descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Close-cropped hair
- Sports a thick beard
- Has both his arms and forearms covered in tattoos
Headie One Facts
- He had been brought up in the Broadwater Farm housing estate in Tottenham, London, which is infamous as one of the worst places to live in the United Kingdom.
- In his childhood and teenage years, he was infatuated with soccer and used to play for a local cub named Haringey Borough F.C. He was even set for a trial with professional soccer club Stevenage F.C. but an abrupt ankle fracture had crushed his dreams of a career in professional soccer.
- He then took to rapping but began to focus on it seriously only after serving the first of his 3 jail sentences during his teenage years. The reasons for his imprisonment had included his involvement in the dealing of drugs such as crack cocaine and heroin.
- His stage name, Headie One, is a nod to his childhood nickname that was given to him by his friends who used to tease him by saying that his head resembled a 50p coin.
- In January 2018, he was attacked by some of his rivals at the University of Bedfordshire. Things went out of hand once the video of the incident was shared on social media and it blew up into a ‘gang war’.
- 2 months later, a concert of his was shut down by local police who had linked his music with rising knife-related crimes in London. In January 2020, he was charged with possession of a knife and was sentenced to 6 months in jail. He was released on bail in April 2020.
- He was in the news again, in November 2020, when he was involved in a scuffle with rapper Tion Wayne when they were on board a flight from Dubai to London.
Featured Image by Headie One / Instagram