|Lynn Cohen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||August 10, 1933|
Lynn Cohen was an American actress, theatre artist, and voice actress who was cast in many on-screen projects such as series S*x and the City, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Manhattan Murder Mystery, Munich, Law & Order, NYPD Blue, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Eagle Eye, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Blue Bloods, Damages, Vanya on 42nd Street, Staten Island, Feast of the Seven Fishes, Days of Our Lives, and Synecdoche, New York.
Lynn Harriette Kay
She was born on August 10, 1933.
On February 14, 2020, Lynn Cohen passed away of natural causes at the age of 86 in New York City, New York, United States.
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Lynn Cohen attended both the University of Wisconsin and Northwestern University for a year each. Later, she studied acting at Michael Howard Studios in New York City.
Actress, Theatre Artist, Voice Actress
- Father – Louis Kay
- Mother – Bertha Cornsweet Kay
Lynn Cohen was represented by Douglas, Gorman, Rothacker & Wilhelm Inc., Talent Agency, New York City, New York, United States.
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lynn Cohen had dated –
- Gilbert Frazen (1954-1960)
- Ronald Theodore Cohen (1964-2020)
Note – She mothered a child.
Race / Ethnicity
- Often played powerful, impressive women
- Deep-set eyes
She grew up in a Jewish household.
Lynn Cohen Facts
- Her career started with Cohen appearing in Off-Broadway productions in the 1970s. Also, she had received various award nominations including the Drama League Award and Lucille Lortel Awards.
- Lynn Cohen made her first theatrical film appearance by appearing as Woman with Dog in the 1983 drama film, Without a Trace, which is based on the novel Still Missing by Beth Gutcheon.
- In 1993, she portrayed the character of Lillian House in the black comedy-mystery film, Manhattan Murder Mystery, directed by Woody Allen and it also starred Allen alongside Alan Alda, Anjelica Huston, and Diane Keaton.
- She was also a part of Broadway projects like Orpheus Descending (1989) and Ivanov (1994).
- From 2000 to 2004, Lynn Cohen was cast as Magda, Miranda’s housekeeper, in the romantic comedy-drama television series, S*x and the City, starring Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, and Cynthia Nixon.
- She was also cast in the recurring role of Stefania McKee in the legal psychological thriller drama television series, Damages.
- Lynn Cohen played the character named Bubbabosia in an episode titled Look, She Made a Hat of the period comedy-drama web television series, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, in December 2018.
Featured Image by Studio Sarah Lou / Flickr / CC BY 2.0