|Ben Simmons Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 9¾ in|
|Date of Birth||July 20, 1996|
Ben Simmons is an Australian professional basketball player and the son of a former basketball player. He plays at the ‘Forward’ position for the Philadelphia 76ers. Before that, he had played college basketball for Louisiana State University (LSU) Tigers for 1 season. Ben holds a dual citizenship of the United States and Australia. In 2015, he was awarded with “Mr. Basketball USA” title. In 2018, he was named the “NBA All-Rookie First Team”.
Benjamin David Simmons
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Ben Simmons went to the Whitefriars College, which is a Melbourne based Roman Catholic independent school. He later got enrolled at the Box Hill Senior Secondary College.
In 2013, he shifted to the US and got enrolled at the Montverde Academy in Montverde, Florida. After graduating from a high school in 2015, he got enrolled at the Louisiana State University (LSU).
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Dave Simmons (Former Professional Basketball Player)
- Mother – Julie Simmons
- Siblings – Melissa Simmons (Older Step-Sister), Emily Simmons (Older Step-Sister) (Previously competed in women’s rowing discipline for Washington State University), Liam Simmons (Older Step-Brother), Sean Simmons (Older Step-Brother), Olivia Simmons (Older Sister) (Assistant coach of the Southwest Baptist Bearcats men’s basketball team)
Ben Simmons is represented by Klutch Sports Group.
Point Guard, Forward
6 ft 9¾ in or 207.5 cm
104 kg or 229 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ben Simmons has dated
- Brittany Renner (2016) – In the summer of 2016, Simmons was linked with the social media fitness guru, Brittany Renner, who is best known for her generous bottom and millions of followers on Instagram. It was claimed that they had been spotted together on a couple of occasions and had got to know each other through social media. In December 2016, his sister Olivia confirmed that they were still together as she took shots at her brother for turning his back on the family after having found fame and success.
- Amber Rose (2017) – In May 2017, Simmons was linked with model and actress Amber Rose. The base of the linkup was their flirty conversation on the social media.
- Dylan Gonzalez (2017) – The rumors of Simmons dating social media personality Dylan Gonzalez first started swirling around in July 2017 as his fans spotted her in his social media feed. They made their relationship public in the following month by making a series of public appearances. They ended their relationship towards the end of the year. Their separation was confirmed by lack of her in his social media feed.
- Tinashe (2017-2018) – Soon after his breakup from Dylan Gonzalez, Simmons was linked with singer and songwriter, Tinashe. They made their relationship public by the turn of the New Year with Tinashe regularly calling her new beau ‘Boo Thang.’ However, in May 2018, it seemed that they had broken up as her brothers called him out for having cheated on their sister. Also, the rumors of him dating Kendall Jenner emerged. However, soon after he was spotted partying with Tinashe, which further created confusion about their relationship status. Some sources maintained that they had separated and were just hanging out as friendly exes.
- Kendall Jenner (2018-Present) – Simmons was first linked with model Kendall Jenner after he was reportedly spotted with her on a lunch date in Beverly Hills on June 1, 2018. They were then reportedly seen together at the Vandal Restaurant in New York City. In November 2018, Kendall was seeing cheering Ben during one of his basketball games. They also spent the New Year’s eve of 2018 together.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has African-American ancestry, while on his mother’s side, he is European.
- Tall Height
- Short Trimmed Hairdo
Ben Simmons has appeared in the TV commercials for –
- Foot Locker
Best Known For
- Having played NBA for the Philadelphia 76ers
- Being one of the best-rated players in the 2016 NBA draft
First NBA Match
In October 2017, Simmons made his NBA debut for Philadelphia 76ers in a match against Washington Wizards. He went on to record 10 rebounds and 18 points in the match.
First TV Show
In June 2016, Ben Simmons made his first TV show appearance on the talk show, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.
During off seasons, Simmons has trained with LeBron James and James’s personal trainer, Mike Mancias. He often uses the off-season training to improve his strength and work on his stabilizing muscles that are vital in injury prevention.
He has also made changes to his diet. Ben has completely cut out fast food. Also, he focusses on eating a lot of eggs, steak, and rice. Overall, he makes sure that he is eating a lot and that too healthy.
Ben Simmons Favorite Things
- Music – Opera
- Shoes – LeBron Zoom Soldiers
- Basketball Teams – Miami Heat and New York Knicks
- Basketball Players – Kevin Durant, Lebron James, Patty Mills
Source – Complex, NBA Mate
Ben Simmons Facts
- Simmons started playing basketball at the age of 7 as he started turning out for the Newcastle Hunters’ under-12 representative team.
- While living in Newcastle, he also used to play junior rugby league for the South Newcastle and Western Suburbs in the Newcastle Rugby League.
- When he was 10 years old, his family moved to Melbourne and he started playing junior basketball for the Knox Raiders.
- As a teenager, he faced a dilemma as he was torn between his love for Australian Rules Football and basketball. However, his football coach decided to play him in the position of ruckman and it made his decision easier as he wanted to play forward and score goals.
- At the age of 15, he was selected in the Australian team for the 2012 FIBA Under-17 World Championship. His team went on to win the silver medal at the event.
- While playing high school basketball for Montverde Academy, he led his side to three consecutive High School National Tournament titles.
- In November 2014, it was announced that he had signed a National Letter of Intent with Louisiana State University to play college basketball.
- In March 2016, he announced that he was going to forego final three years of college basketball and make himself available for the NBA Draft.
- In the 2016 NBA Draft, he was selected by the Philadelphia 76ers as the #1 overall pick. In July, he signed a rookie contract with 76ers.
- At the 2016 NBA Draft, he achieved the distinction of being the first college player in the modern era to have been picked first overall, despite having not played in the NCAA Tournament.
- In September 2016, he rolled his right ankle during training, which led to the fracture of the fifth metatarsal bone in the right foot. He was initially ruled out for three to four months but he had to eventually sit out for the entire season.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Ben Simmons / Instagram