|Amber Valletta Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¾ in|
|Date of Birth||February 9, 1974|
Amber Valletta is an American model, actor, television host, and producer. She has been the face of brands like Giorgio Armani, Chanel, Escada, Louis Vuitton, Prada, Valentino, Gucci, and Versace and landed her first of 16 American Vogue covers when she was 18 years old. She has walked in fashion shows for the likes of Versace, Lanvin, Louis Vuitton, Balenciaga, Gucci, Valentino, Prada, Michael Kors, Alberta Ferretti, Claude Montana, Dolce & Gabbana, Pierre Balmain, Sonia Rykiel, Versus, Yohji Yamamoto, Anna Molinari, Calvin Klein, Christian Dior, and Tom Ford. Moreover, Amber Valletta has also branched out as an actor and has been cast in a variety of shows and movies including Legends, Blood & Oil, Revenge, Hot in Cleveland, What Lies Beneath, Man About Town, Max Keeble’s Big Move, Girl Walks into a Bar, Gamer, The Last Time, Dead Silence, Days of Wrath, Transporter 2, Hitch, The Family Man, Hysteria – The Def Leppard Story, and The Spy Next Door.
Amber Evangeline Valletta
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Amber Valletta has attended Booker T. Washington High School. However, she did not complete her formal education as her mother enrolled her in modeling school at the age of fifteen. She then attended Linda Layman Agency as a budding model.
Fashion model, actor, television host, producer
- Mother – Theresa Malaby (Worked at the post office)
- Siblings – Valletta has two half brothers and three half-sisters
- Others – Vincent James Valletta (Paternal Grandfather), Evangeline Teresa Dejesus (Paternal Grandmother), Sequoyah Lewis/Louis Rogers (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Jean Garrison (Maternal Grandmother)
Amber Valletta has been signed with –
- 3 Arts Entertainment (Talent Management Company)
- Imprint PR, Public Relations Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
Her net worth had been $16 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9¾ in or 177 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amber Valletta has been romantically linked with –
- Jesse Camp – It is a RUMOR that the MTV VJ Jesse Camp has dated the actor in the past.
- Hervé Le Bihan (1994-1996) – The model Hervé Le Bihan was married to Valletta for a brief span of two years from 1994 to 1996.
- Leonardo DiCaprio (1998) – The actor and film producer, Leonardo DiCaprio was RUMORed to have dated Valletta for a brief period in 1998.
- Desmond Harrington (1999-2000) – Actor Desmond Harrington and Amber were an item from 1999 to 2000.
- Christian McCaw (2000-2015) – The former Olympic volleyball player, Christian McCaw started dating Valletta in the year 2000. After dating for about three years, the couple got married in September 2003. They have a son together named Auden. The couple, however, separated in early 2015 and divorced.
- Teddy Charles – She has been in a relationship with hairstylist Teddy Charles.
Race / Ethnicity
Amber Valletta is of Italian and Portuguese descent on her father’s side and has English and Cherokee Native American roots on her mother’s side.
- Perfectly shaped figure
- Green eyes
- Good looks
34-23-34 in or 86.5-58.5-86.5 cm
4 (US) or 6 (UK) or 36 (EU)
11 (US) or 8.5 (UK) or 41.5 (EU)
Amber Valletta has been the face of the brand Elizabeth Arden since 1996. She still endorses the brand in 2015.
Amber Valletta has appeared in innumerable print ads since the start of her career. She has been featured in print ads for Calvin Klein‘s Eternity Fragrance, Gucci, Versace, Capezio Handbags, Calvin Klein, Prada, Armani, Fendi, Bottega Veneta, BCBG Clothing, JOOP!, Anne Klein, and British Marks and Spencer’s “Per Una” women’s line of clothing and accessories.
Best Known For
Amber Valletta is best known as a fashion model, who has appeared sixteen times on the magazine cover of American Vogue.
The model-turned-actor is also known for her roles in movies like Hitch (2005), Transporter 2 (2005), Dead Silence (2007), Gamer (2009), and Spy Next Door (2010).
Amber Valletta first appeared as Mindy Deal in the 2000 release Drop Back Ten.
First TV Show
Amber Valletta’s first appearance on television was as Lorelei Shellist in the TV movie Hysteria: The Def Leppard Story that was aired in 2001.
However, her first role on the small screen was as Sarah in the dark comedy television series Lucky that ran on FX in 2003. She appeared in the episode “Something for Everyone.”
First Modeling Assignment
As a model, Amber Valletta first appeared on the magazine cover of American Vogue at the age of eighteen.
Amber Valletta has a great figure that can be anyone’s envy in the modeling and acting business. Instead of going to the gym, the model-turned-actor works out with her fitness trainer Juni Armstrong. She works out three or four times a week, which constitutes a 90-minute outdoor exercise routine. Starting with a general warm-up, the actor takes three or four laps around the track of the local university stadium. After the run, she engages in circling the entire stadium followed by running up the row of stairs. She also does push-ups, bench presses, or lunges at the top. The workout finishes with the actor running down the steps of each stairwell in the stadium with a little weight training and cool-down stretches.
The great body of the model and actor has also been maintained through a vegetarian diet with a twist. She is allowed to consume cheese and dairy products but is prohibited to consume meat.
Her typical diet includes 5 meals with controlled portions.
At breakfast, she takes 3 spoons of oatmeals in hot water with 1/2 spoon of honey.
Lunch constitutes 200 grams zucchini and 200 grams of low-fat tofu. She also takes a midday snack before lunch, which lets her eat 50 grams of raw almonds.
Post lunch, she takes some snacks, which constitutes a pear with a protein shake.
The day ends with a simple dinner of 300 grams of navy beans coupled with garlic and salt, seasoned with lemon juice or vinegar.
Amber Valletta Favorite Things
- Make-up – Shiseido – the Makeup Dual Balancing Foundation, Fallene Total Block SPF 65 Clear, Diorshow Iconic Mascara, Laura Mercier Secret Concealer, Nars and Armani foundations, Eyebrow pencil and gel from Anastasia
- Sports Wear – Adidas by Stella McCartney studio tank
- Hair Product – CTonics Elixir Blossom
- Book – The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
- Jeans – Rag and Bone RBW 9 zipper jeans
- Shoes – Riding boots or a high-heeled ankle boot
- Destination – The Seychelles and Egadi Islands off of Sicily
- Online Shop – Master & Muse on yoox.com, Everlane, and Tappan Collective
- Accessories – Vivienne Westwood backpacks, Sway purses
- Gift Products – A coat from H.Fredriksson, a key chain from Vivienne Westwood, and a hat from Pachacuti
- Collections / Designer – Alexander McQueen, Lanvin and Stella McCartney, John Galliano and Nicolas Ghesquiere
- Pastime – Going to museums and galleries
- Outdoor Activities – Hiking and surfing
Source – Marie Claire, Be Flossy
Amber Valletta Facts
- Valletta has shared screen space with dear friend Shalom Harlow from 1995 to 1996 while hosting the MTV show ‘House of Style.’
- Valletta can be seen starring in a villainous role in ‘Blood and Oil’, a soap opera running on ABC since 2015. She appears in the role of Darla Briggs.
- Valletta still endorses the brands and works as a fashion model. Her recent project was with Atelier Versace during the Spring 2015 fashion show.
- Valletta is actively involved with environmental issues and serves as a spokesperson for Oceana’s Seafood Contamination Campaign. This campaign aims at bringing awareness of the hazards of mercury poisoning in different kinds of seafood.
- The political views of Valletta were made public when she supported Democrat President Barack Obama for re-election in 2012.
- Her charity works include her active involvement in the St. Jude Research Hospital and the Nina Hyde Foundation. These institutes support and work for the cause of women with breast cancer.