|Helena Christensen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||December 25, 1968|
Helena Christensen is a Danish supermodel and photographer who has done modeling work for a variety of popular brands and designers like Revlon, Dolce & Gabbana, Chanel, Versace, Lanvin, Valentino, Karl Lagerfeld, Prada, Sonia Rykiel, Hermes, and many more. She has also been featured in magazines such as Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, Vogue, W, and Tatler. Helena is also the owner of several clothing lines such as Christensen & Sigersen and Helena Christensen for Triumph.
She started modeling at the age of 9 and hence did not study much.
Model, Beauty Queen, Photographer
- Siblings – Anita Christensen (Sister)
She is signed to these modeling agencies –
- One Management – New York
- D’Management Group
- Marilyn Agency – Paris
- Next Company
- View Management – Spain
- Industry Models
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
64 kg or 141 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Helena has dated –
- Chris Isaak (1991) – American singer was rumored to be dating this model.
- Michael Hutchence (1992-1995) – Michael is an Australian singer (INXS frontman) who had done dating for quite some time from 1992 to January 1995. They were first introduced by the photographer, Herb Ritts. But, now Michael Hutchence is dead as he committed suicide at 37.
- Peter Makebish (1995-1997) – Rumor
- Leonardo DiCaprio (1997) – American actor Leonardo DiCaprio was rumored to be dating the Danish model in 1997.
- Mick Hucknall (1998) – Again, a singer (but this time from British) dated Helena in 1998.
- Norman Reedus (1998-2003) – Christensen was in a 5-year long relationship with Reedus. During that time, she had given birth to a baby boy, named Mingus Lucien Reedus (b. October 13, 1999).
- Orlando Bloom (2003) – English actor, Bloom (ex-hubby of Miranda Kerr) was rumored to be dating Helena from August to September 2003.
- Rasmus Walter Hansen (2004-2006) – Rasmus, the British singer also dated her from 2004 until 2006.
- Jon Bon Jovi (2005) – Bon Jovi is a popular American musician, who was in a relationship for some time in 2005.
- Jack Huston (2006) – English actor had a fling with the Danish model in 2006.
- Heath Ledger (2007) – Heath is an Australian actor, who was also rumored to be dating Helena in 2007.
- Guy Berryman (2007) – Scottish Bassist, named Guy dated in 2007.
- Josh Hartnett (2007-2009) – American actor, Josh dated for 2 years commencing from April 2007. The duo separated in April 2009.
- Paul Banks (2008-2015) – Starting from March 2008, Paul started dating Helena. The couple reportedly broke up in 2015 after dating for almost 7 years.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Danish descent on her father’s side while she is of Peruvian descent on her mother’s side.
36-26-35 in or 91.5-66-88 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU) or 5.5 (UK)
She has done advertisements for Alberta Ferretti, Alessandro Dell’acqua, Anne Klein eyewear, Bill Blass, Blumarine, Bruno Magli, Byblos, Chanel, Cortefiel, Cotton USA, CoverGirl, Dana B. and Karen, Day, David Yurman, Dorothy Perkins, DKNY, Eickhoff, El Corte Ingles, Ermanno Scervino, Fashion Targets Breast Cancer, Fendi, Georges Rech, Georg Jensen, Gianni Versace Couture, Gilmar, H&M, Hermes, Istante, Jacques Fath, Kenar, Karl Lagerfeld, Marlene Pour, Mondani, Mont Blanc ‘Presence d’une Femme’ fragrance, Neiman Marcus, Next Directory, Nine West, Odd Molly, Ole Lynggaard, Palmers, Patrick Cox, Playtex bras, Prada, Revlon, Skinny, Sonia Rykiel, Toni & Guy, Triumph, Ultimo underwear, Valentino, Vanderbilt ‘Reverie’ perfume, Versace, Victoria’s Secret, Windsor, X-O-X-O.
Best Known For
Working as Victoria’s Secret Angel, becoming Beauty Queen
First Single Appearance
In 1991, she appeared in the music video for Chris Isaak’s song “Wicked Game”.
In 1992, Helena appeared in a TV movie Inferno of the comedy genre.
First TV Show
Her debut TV show was a Ready to Wear – Spring/ Summer 1991 fashion show in which she walked for designers and brands like Azzedine Alaia, Fendi, Martine Sitbon.
Swimming, yoga, and boxing are her got to exercises. Christensen has been training for 7 years, now, with her boxing personal trainer, Jason Lee. She enjoys swimming when she is at home in Copenhagen in Denmark. Yoga sun salutations are also a part of her schedule. These all her enough to keep her fit.
Helena Christensen Favorite Things
- Food – Tuscan pasta with parmesan cheese and Wine
- City – New York, Copenhagen
- TV Show – Spongebob, iCarly (2007-2012), Family Guy
- Restaurant – Mother’s kitchen
- Clothes – Sybilla dress
- Flower – Leper lily, peonies
Source – CastorandPolluxStore.com
Helena Christensen Facts
- Her father is Danish while her mother is Peruvian.
- She is a former Victoria’s Secret Angel.
- Christensen has also served as the creative director of Nylon magazine.
- She has also helped some charities and breast cancer organizations to collect funds.
- Helena had also won Miss Denmark Crown in 1986.
- Her hobbies include interior designing, food, photography, collecting rare artifacts.
- She started modeling at the age of 9.
- Helena launched a lingerie collection called Helena Christensen for Triumph in 2012. She is also the owner of the clothing line, Christensen & Sigersen, with her friend Leif Sigersen.
- She has a great interest in music and has desired to become a musician.
- Helena was discovered when she was 21 years old by photographer Friedemann Hauss.
- Her son Mingus is her best friend.
- She is not on social media.