|Shamari Fears Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||February 22, 1980|
Shamari Fears is an American singer and actress who rose to fame after becoming the lead singer in the group Blaque whose self-titled debut album released in 1999 got featured in the Top 25 of the R&B charts, sold more than 1.5 million copies, and became certified as ‘Platinum’. She has also appeared in films such as Bring It On (2000), in music videos like Welcome To Atlanta (2001) by Ludacris, and in reality TV shows including The Real Housewives of Atlanta (2018-2019).
Shamari Jaqua Wright-Fears
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Marietta, Georgia, United States
She went to Decatur High School. She attended Georgia State University and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology.
Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Actress
- Columbia Records
- Elektra Records
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Ronnie DeVoe – She tied the knot with a member of musical groups New Edition and Bell Biv DeVoe, Ronnie DeVoe, on March 10, 2006. They have twin boys named Ronald III and Roman Elijah (b. 2017).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Thick eyebrows
Shamari Fears Favorite Things
- Inspiration – Mariah Carey
Shamari Fears Facts
- She started to cultivate her beautiful voice when she was only 3 years old.
- During her middle and high school years, she started to perform publicly. She took part in her school’s talent show and was placed 2nd for her rendition of Mariah Carey’s Hero. Her success led to the formation of a country-urban girl group by her named Buutz. She was so confident that she would be successful again, she spread rumors that she had signed a record deal. However, the group disbanded, after which she created another group and named it Intrigue.
- She formed the band Blaque with Brandi Williams and Natina Reed. Reed met with an accident and passed away in 2012. However, Shamari continued performing with fellow group member Brandi.
- Blaque‘s intended 3rd album titled Torch ended up getting shelved despite having Missy Elliott in it.
- By 2005, Shamari had started to think of building a solo career for herself and got herself signed with Darkchild Records. But in spite of this, the members of Blaque joined together again and worked on their 4th album, calling it Private Show. The album was ready in 2009 but it did not get released.
- She became a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority in December 2014, which has strived to break down the social and economic barriers to education through community service programs.
- Shamari has worked on a collaboration with her husband Ronnie titled Me & Mari. The duo released a song named Love Comes Through on December 7, 2018.
- She has had longtime friendships with her Real Housewives of Atlanta castmates. Shamari and Kandi Burruss had got together when Burruss remixed the Blaque classic 808. Also, her camaraderie with fellow housewife Porsha Williams dates back to their school days at Decatur High School.
- Shamari and her husband have taken an oath to stay “Married 4 Life”, and have reinforced their pledge at their annual Marriage 4 Life Walk. The couple believes that the 2-mile promenade where pairs walk, talk and hold each other’s hands, changed their marriage for the better, and they have regularly encouraged other couples to participate in the walk, through their social media pages.
Featured Image by Shamari Fears / Instagram