|Ethan Suplee Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||May 25, 1976|
Ethan Suplee is an American TV and film actor best known for playing Randy Hickey in My Name is Earl (2005–2009). In 2020, he launched a podcast called American Glutton where he invited Health experts and Hollywood professionals to discuss diet, fitness, and mindset while sharing his personal struggle with maintaining body weight.
Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
He participated in high school productions and was close to his classmate, now veteran actor, Giovanni Ribisi.
After high school graduation, Giovanni insisted that Ethan should join his acting academy to take classes. Suplee studied acting for a year. However, when he saw that his acting teacher was not promoting him to get work, he asked Giovanni’s talent manager mother, Gay to set him up for auditions.
Actor, Podcast Host
- Father – William Frank Suplee aka Bill (Actor)
- Mother – Deborah Ann Deeble (Former Actress, High School Drama Teacher)
- Siblings – Samantha Suplee (Younger Sister)
- Others – Geoffrey Bond Lewis (Father-in-Law) (Actor), Glenis Duggan Batley (Mother-in-law) (Graphic Designer), Juliette Lake Lewis (Sister-in-Law) (Actress), Lightfield Lewis (Brother-in-Law) (Actor, Director)
He is represented by –
- Paradigm Talent Agency
- Don Buchwald & Associates
- Steve Warren and Dan Fox (Attorneys)
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
- In an interview in January 2020, Ethan shared that he weighed 118 kg or 260 lbs.
- However, he continues to train for gradual, sustainable weight loss while gaining muscle. Formerly at his leanest, Ethan Suplee weighed 100 kg or 220.5 lbs
- At his heaviest, he weighed 240 kg or 529 lbs.
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Brandy Lewis (2002–Present) – Ethan first met Brandy in 1992 who is credited as a producer on IMDb. Ethan started dating Brandy in 2002 and realized that if he wanted a long and healthy life to enjoy her companionship, he would have to take his diet and exercise more seriously. The couple became parents to a daughter named Francis Clementine Suplee in June 2005. Following a year-long engagement, they got married in the summer of 2006. Their 2nd daughter Billie Grace Suplee was born in April 2007. He also has 2 stepdaughters named Bella (b. 1997) and Lily (b. 1998)
Race / Ethnicity
He has American, French, and German ancestry.
- Usually recalled for his former plus-sized frame
- Tall Height
- Started maintaining a beard to complement his more muscular persona after the age of 40
He was cast in a TV commercial for Sega Game Gear in 1994.
- Characters From Kevin Smith Films – Brodie Bruce in Mallrats (1995), Banky Edwards in Chasing Amy (1996), Loki in Dogma (1999)
- Books – A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole (1980), The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger (1951), The Beach by Alex Garland (1996)
- Movies – Once Upon a Time in America (1984), The Godfather Part II (1974)
- TV Show – Seinfeld (1989–1998)
- Musician – David Bowie
- Hip-Hop Group – Wu-Tang Clan
- My Name Is Earl Episode – Season 2 Episode 23 – The Trial
- Bike Ride Experience – Ride up Mont Ventoux, France with Chechu Rubiera and Lance Armstrong in July 2011
- Pro Cycling Team – 2012 RadioShack–Nissan–Trek
- Cheat Meal – Hamburger at Burgers Never Say DieA. Restaurant
Ethan Suplee Facts
- The actor confessed that he had always been a heavy kid. His grandparents first put him on a diet when he was 5 years old. Since then, food became a source of pleasure that he sneakily consumed when alone. By the time he was 10 years old, he weighed 200 pounds.
- He quit alcohol and drugs in 2002 and has been sober ever since.
- His last name is pronounced as ‘Soup-lee’.
- Ethan developed an interest in acting because his parents, who were former actors, often read him plays at bedtime.
- He became a working actor at the age of 17 by landing a recurring role in hit teen sitcom, Boy Meet World in 1994.
- In 2020, Suplee shared on his podcast that in the last 2 decades he has gained and lost nearly 1000 lbs fluctuating between binging and crash diets, under-activity, and over-training.
- Suplee credits the Tedx talk by Dr. Mike Israetel called The Scientific Landscape of Healthy Eating for his renewed perspective on nutrition.
Featured Image by Ethan Suplee / Instagram