|Peniel Shin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||March 10, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Peniel Shin is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter who first came into the spotlight in 2012 when he made his debut in the entertainment industry with BtoB (an acronym for Born to Beat), a South Korean boy band. With the group, he has released studio albums titled Complete (June 2015), 24/7 (December 2016), Brother Act (October 2017), and Be Together (February 2022). The first of these albums had peaked at number 1 in South Korea while the 2nd of these albums had peaked at number 1 in Japan. Peniel, with this group, has released numerous EPs as well. He has also released some singles independently.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Seoul, South Korea
Peniel had attended the Barbara B. Rose Elementary School in Barrington, a northwest suburb of Chicago. He then studied at the Barrington Middle School and the Barrington High School – both located in Barrington. After he moved to South Korea, he attended Chungdam High School, a public school in Gangnam-gu, Seoul.
After his high school graduation, he joined Hanyang University, a private research university in Seongdong-gu, Seoul. He also studied at Kookmin University, a private research university established in 1946 in Seongbuk-gu, Seoul.
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter
- Siblings – Jennifer Shin (Older Sister)
- Others – Jaden (Nephew), Jaxon (Nephew)
K-Pop, Ballad, R&B, Dance-Pop, New Jack Swing, Soul, Rock, J-pop
- Cube Entertainment
- Universal Music Group
- LOEN Entertainment
- Kakao Entertainment
- Kiss Entertainment
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Korean descent.
He often dyes his hair light brown, silver, platinum, or blonde.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Cheerful smile
- Often wears earrings
Peniel Shin Facts
- Besides his music career, Peniel has hosted a couple of podcasts. He was also the main host of Pops in Seoul in 2013. Pops in Seoul (1998-2021) was a TV show that used to present K-Pop music and news about K-Pop culture.
- He is a photography enthusiast as well and held his first exhibition in 2017. It was titled Penography and was held at a gallery called White Studio in Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul.
- In November 2016, while participating as a guest on Hello Counselor, a South Korean social commentary talk show, Peniel revealed that he was suffering from Alopecia areata (also known as spot baldness), a condition in which hair is lost (temporarily or permanently) from some or all areas of the body. It often results in a few bald spots on the scalp and is caused by psychological stress in some cases, although in most cases there is no obvious trigger.
- He also stated that he had hidden the fact for about 5 years and used to wear a hat for the last 2-3 of those 5 years during most public appearances. By the time he appeared on the aforementioned episode of Hello Counselor, he had lost about 70% of his hair. The hair loss was diagnosed to be stress-related in his case.
- Peniel had hidden his condition for this long because he did not want to upset fans, his record label, or his management company. This is because fans of celebrities involved with the Korean entertainment industry are known to be quite toxic on social media and celebrities often face a lot of harassment due to their looks, behavior, and even their relationships.
Featured Image by Peniel Shin / Instagram