|Mads Mikkelsen Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||November 22, 1965|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Mads Mikkelsen is a Danish actor, producer, and voiceover artist who started his career by appearing in a variety of movies such as Wilbur Wants to Kill Himself, Shake It All About, I Am Dina, The Green Butchers, After the Wedding, King Arthur, Open Hearts, and Adam’s Apples. However, he rose to international acclaim with his role as the main antagonist Le Chiffre in the twenty-first James Bond film, Casino Royale, in 2006. Some of his other prominent roles include playing Dr. Hannibal Lecter in Hannibal, Johann Friedrich Struensee in A Royal Affair, Gellert Grindelwald in the Fantastic Beasts film series, and Igor Stravinsky in Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky.
Mads Dittman Mikkelsen
Osterbro, Copenhagen, Denmark
Mikkelsen attended the Ballet Academy in Gothenburg and became a professional dancer.
In 1996, he joined Aarhus Theater School, where he studied drama.
Actor, Voiceover Artist, Producer
- Father – Henning Mikkelsen (Bank Teller and Trade Union Official)
- Mother – Bente Christiansen (Nurse)
- Siblings – Lars Mikkelsen (Older Brother) (Actor)
- Others – Anette Stovelbaek (Sister-in-Law)
Mads has been signed with United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
6 ft or 183 cm
181 lbs or 82 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mads Mikkelsen has dated –
- Hanne Jacobsen (1987–Present) – Mads started dating Danish choreographer Hanne Jacobsen in 1987 and the duo eventually got married in the year 2000. The couple has two children – a daughter named Viola (b. on December 5, 1992) and a son named Carl (b. on July 29, 1997).
Race / Ethnicity
Mads Mikkelsen is of Danish descent.
- Often acts in war movies
- Often plays characters with the injured left eye
11 (US) or 10 (UK) or 44.5 (EU)
Mikkelsen has appeared in TV commercials for BoConcept furniture.
Mads Mikkelsen is non-religious.
Best Known For
Mads is best known for playing the character of Tristan in the war movie King Arthur (2004) and Le Chiffre in Casino Royale (2006).
Café Hector (1996) was the movie in which Mikkelsen made his debut. In this short movie, he played the character of Anders.
First TV Show
Mads appeared in the TV series Rejseholdet (2000-2004), in which he acted as Allan Fisher, in a total of 32 episodes.
Mikkelsen has a fast metabolism and so he has never acted a character that is categorized as overweight or muscular. He said that it’s really hard for him to gain weight, despite the fact that he sometimes has to eat even 6 meals in a day.
In his free time, Mads often drives his bike, plays tennis or any other kind of sport. He does not like working out in a gym as he says that is too mainstream for him.
Mads Mikkelsen Favorite Things
- Books – The Lord of the Rings, Die Geschichte von einer Mutter, The Brothers Lionheart
- Movies – Taxi Driver, Halloween
- Sports – Football, tennis, handball
- TV Shows – The Walking Dead, The Office (UK and US), The Wire
- Bands – The Doors, The Pink Floyd
- Singer – Otis Redding
- Actor – Meryl Streep, Robert De Niro
Source – Mads-Mikkelsen.net
Mads Mikkelsen Facts
- Mads and his brother Lars, who is also an actor, were raised in Norrebro (one of the 10 districts in Copenhagen, Denmark).
- At a young age, Mikkelsen wanted to be a professional athlete and he practiced gymnastics.
- While he was visiting dancing classes, he learned to speak fluent Swedish.
- His name Mads comes from Matthew which means Gift of God.
- Before his act in the movie Casino Royale (2006), Mikkelsen didn’t like the James Bond series.
- He was appointed a Ridder (Knight) of the Order of the Dannebrog on April 15, 2010.
- He was voted as The Sexiest Man in the World by Woman magazine.
- He has appeared in the music videos for songs like B*tch Better Have My Money by Rihanna and Sig Ja by Jokeren.
- He was appointed as a Chevalier (Knight) of the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres by the French government in April 2016.
- Has lived in the city of Gothenburg for many years.
- From 2013 to 2015, he played the character of Hannibal Lecter, a brilliant forensic psychiatrist and gourmand who is also secretly a cannibalistic serial killer known as the Chesapeake Ripper, in the American psychological horror-thriller television series, Hannibal. This role won him the Saturn Award for “Best Actor on Television” in 2013.
- He has done voiceover work for video games like 007: Quantum of Solace and Death Stranding.
- Mads is the first Danish to play the character of Hannibal Lecter.
- Mads replaced Johnny Depp for the role of Gellert Grindelwald in Fantastic Beasts 3. Johnny left the film franchise in November 2020 after losing his libel case against The Sun. However, Johnny still managed to earn reportedly $10 million for the movie.