|Jaz-O Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||October 4, 1964|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jaz-O is an American rapper, songwriter, and record producer who is best known as the mentor of Brooklyn rapper Jay-Z. Jaz-O has released many songs, albums, and extended plays like To Your Soul, Word to the Jaz, The Warmup, Ya Don’t Stop, I’m In Love, Love Is Gone, A Groove (This Is What U Rap 2), Be There, and Hypocritters. Moreover, he has also produced songs for many hip-hop artists including Jay-Z, Group Home, M.O.P, Ras Kass, Rakim, Kool G Rap, and others.
Jaz-O, The Jaz, Big Jaz
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Jaz-O attended college in order to become an accountant but eventually changed his career path to music.
Rapper, Songwriter, Record Producer
Kingz Kounty Music Media, Roc Nation, EMI USA, Rancore
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $500 Thousand.
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
During the 1980s, he was a visible figure in the Nuwaubian Nation, an American new religious movement founded and led by Dwight York.
- He grew up in Marcy Houses, a public housing complex built and operated by the New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) and located in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn.
- Jaz-O’s debut studio album Word to the Jaz was released in 1989 and it included songs like Give a Lil Extra, Shana, Boost Up the Family, Dance to This, Look Out, Fun, and I Can Dig Rappin’. The album peaked at #87 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart.
- He has credited rapper Curtis Brown (stage name Grandmaster Caz) as an early influence.
- On July 16, 1990, Jaz-O released his 2nd studio album To Your Soul through EMI USA. In his book 1989: Bob Dylan Didn’t Have This to Sing About, Joshua Clover described the album as “vital, serious, deeply musical, with playful lyrics that come at varying speeds, sometimes blunt and heavy on the beat, sometimes syncopated and sudden, looking for a way to slip past any defense.”
- Jaz-O has been a rhyme mentor to the celebrated rapper Jay-Z. They also formed a group named High Potent.
- He has formed a group called Immobilarie and their collaborative album titled Jaz-O & The Immobilarie Family Present: Kingz Kounty was released on March 26, 2002.
Featured Image by Mikamote / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0