|Rich Homie Quan Quick Info
|5 ft 9 in
|Date of Birth
|October 4, 1989
Rich Homie Quan is a rapper from Atlanta, United States. Dirty south rap has influenced him. In March 2018, he released his first studio album “Rich as in Spirit”. Like many other black rappers, he also had some legal issues in the past and has spent time in the prison for ‘drug possession’ and ‘intent to distribute’ charges. After completing high school, he started taking more interest in his singing career rather than completing further studies.
Dequantes Devontay Lamar
Rich Homie Quan
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Rich Homie Quan went to the Ronald McNair Sr. High School in his hometown of Atlanta. After his high school graduation, he had a scholarship offer from Fort Valley State University but he decided against attending the university and instead decided to focus on his other interests.
Rapper, singer, songwriter
- Father – Corey Lamar
- Mother – While growing up, he mostly lived with his mother. But, he is closer to his father.
- Siblings – He has 2 younger siblings.
Rich Homie Quan handles his representation work on his own.
Motown Records, Rich Gang (Cash Money Records), T.I.G.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rich Homie Quan has dated
- Amber Rella – In 2014, Amber Rella gave birth to her and Quan’s son, whom they opted to name Royal Lamar. They had been dating for quite some time. It was their relationship that helped Rella launch her career as an Instagram star. However, their relationship didn’t last much longer as they broke up in 2015.
- Quan also has 2 other sons, Devin Lamar and Khosen Lamar. In July 2016, he shared his picture with an unidentified woman to announce the impending birth of Khosen. However, he hasn’t revealed the identity of Khosen’s mother even after his birth. He has also opted to keep the identity of Devin’s mother firmly under wraps.
Race / Ethnicity
- Slight body frame
- Trimmed hairdo
Rich Homie Quan has done endorsement work for –
- Local Trap Star
- Icebox Diamonds & Watches
- Avion Tequila
Best Known For
- Having collaborated with established hip hop stars such as Birdman, Gucci Mane, Trinidad James, and Young Thug.
- The popularity and commercial success of his singles such as Walk Thru, Ride Out, and Flex (Ooh, Ooh, Ooh). All of these singles have charted high on the US rap charts.
In March 2018, Rich Homie Quan released his debut studio album, Rich as in Spirit. The album managed to peak at #19 on the US Hip Hop albums and at #32 at US Billboard 200 chart.
First TV Show
In 2013, Rich Homie Quan made his first TV show appearance as himself in the music TV series, RapFix Live.
Rich Homie Quan Favorite Things
- School Subject – Literature
- Influences – Gucci Mane, Young Jeezy, Lil Boosie, T.I., Kilo Ali, Lil Wayne, Outkast, and Goodie Mob
- Places To Eat In Georgia – The Cheetah, Magic City, 255, The Pearl, J.R. Crickets
Rich Homie Quan Facts
- He got his first big breakthrough with the success of his single, Type of Way, which managed to peak at the 50th position on the US Billboard Hot 100.
- In 2013, Type of Way was adopted by the 2013 Michigan State Spartans football team as their anthem. Quan wore their green jersey to perform at the 100th Rose Bowl.
- In 2014, the prestigious XXL magazine included him in their freshman class feature, which recognizes the most promising rappers.
- In May 2014, he had suffered two seizures and had cracked his head after falling while shooting a video for his single, Walk Thru. He later clarified that he had merely fainted.
- After leaving high school, he got a job at a nearby airport as he sought to pay his bills while focusing on his rapping.
- After he lost his job at the airport, he got involved in illegal activities such as burglary to make ends meet.
- In 2009, he was sentenced to 15 months jail term for his involvement in a burglary. He got out of the jail in 2011 and started working on his music with more serious intent.
- He was reportedly investigated by the Child Protective Services after he shared a video of him smoking weed while his infant son was sitting in his lap.
- He was caught up in another controversy after his song in which he rapped about raping was leaked. He eventually apologized and, in his statement, insisted that the song wasn’t to be released.
- While studying in high school, he used to play baseball and was a leadoff hitter and center fielder on the varsity team.
- In May 2017, he was arrested with 4 of his friends after being stopped on the highway in Louisville, Georgia. The police had recovered marijuana, heroin, weapons, and drug paraphernalia from the vehicle.
- Quan was taken to jail and was slapped with a ‘drug possession’ and ‘intent to distribute’ charges. He was later released on a bond of $20,000.
- He first started thinking about music when he was in the 11th grade. However, it was more of a hobby in those initial days.
- In November 2016, Quan filed a $2 million lawsuit against his former label, “Think It’s A Game” because of unpaid royalties. The label counter-sued him for “breach of contract”. Later, Quan and the label reached a settlement outside of court.
- In October 2022, he released a new EP titled Family & Mula.
- Visit his official website @ richhomiequan.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube VEVO.
Featured Image by The Come Up Show / Flickr / CC BY 2.0