|Joy-Anna Forsyth Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||October 28, 1997|
Joy-Anna Forsyth is an American television personality, best known for being a part of the TLC reality-TV show 19 Kids and Counting between 2008 and 2015. After her brother, Joshua Duggar, got accused of inappropriate s*xual advances and fondling, even towards his own sisters, TLC (The Learning Channel) officially stopped the production of the show on July 16, 2015. Luckily, fans of Joy-Anna had the chance to continue seeing her life unfold in December 2015 because she was signed and began appearing regularly on TV show Jill & Jessa: Counting On, alongside her two sisters and other family members. The 9th season of the TV show premiered on February 11, 2019.
Joy-Anna also appeared in TV documentaries following the life of her parents as they were building their house and settling with their large family – 14 Children and Pregnant Again! (2004), 16 Children and Moving In (2006), Raising 16 Children (2006), On the Road with 16 Children (2006), and Duggars’ Big Family Album (2008). In 2010, Joy-Anna appeared in the TV documentary Duggars Make a Movie and is also known for sporadic appearances on the news, talk-show Today between 2007 and 2013. She and her husband Austin have garnered a large social media following with more than 800k followers on Instagram, more than 50k followers on their Facebook page, while her personal Twitter account has more than 50k followers.
Tontitown, Arkansas, United States
Tontitown, Arkansas, United States
Just like all of her siblings, Joy-Anna was homeschooled.
TV Personality, Actress
- Father – James Robert “Jim Bob” Duggar
- Mother – Michelle Annette Duggar (née Ruark)
- Siblings – Joshua Duggar (Older Brother) (Television Personality), Jana Duggar (Older Sister), John-David Duggar (Older Brother), Jill Duggar Dillard (Older Sister), Jessa Duggar (Older Sister), Jinger Duggar (Older Sister), Joseph Duggar (Older Brother), Josiah Duggar (Older Brother), Jedidiah Duggar (Younger Brother), Jeremiah Duggar (Younger Brother), Jason Duggar (Younger Brother), James Andrew Duggar (Younger Brother), Justin Duggar (Younger Brother), Jackson Duggar (Younger Brother), Johannah Faith Duggar (Younger Sister), Jennifer Duggar (Younger Sister), Jordyn-Grace Makiya Duggar (Younger Sister), Josie Brooklyn Duggar (Younger Sister)
- Others – Mackynzie Renee Duggar (Niece), Michael James Duggar (Nephew), Ben Seewald (Brother-in-Law), Anna Duggar (Sister-in-Law), Derick Dillard (Brother-in-Law)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Joy-Anna Forsyth has dated –
- Austin Forsyth (2016-Present) – Joy-Anna and Austin met for the 1st time at a homeschooling conference as children. She was 5 years old and Austin was 8 years old, and Joy-Anna admitted she didn’t like him because he was young and immature. It wasn’t until November 2016 that the two began a chaperoned courtship. Only 4 months later, the couple announced they were engaged, and on May 26, 2017, after only 2 months of being engaged, the pair got married. On August 30, 2017, Joy-Anna and Austin announced they were expecting their 1st child, and on February 23, 2018, welcomed their son, Gideon Martyn Forsyth, into the world. She admitted they chose his name because of their faith, and because it was a strong Biblical name for a male, and that she hoped he would be just as religious as she is. In an interview, Joy-Anna admitted she wants more children, and “as many as the Lord thinks we can handle and we are putting it into his hands.” On May 8, 2019, Joy-Anna and her husband announced they were expecting their 2nd child, and shared a 10-week ultrasound picture on her social media.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
Best Known For
Starring in TLC reality-TV series 19 Kids and Counting (2008-2015), and Jill & Jessa Counting On, starting in 2015
Joy-Anna Forsyth made her first theatrical film appearance as Crying Girl at Funeral in the drama film, Courageous in 2011.
First TV Show
Joy-Anna Forsyth made her first TV show appearance as herself in an episode of the news talk-show Today on September 21, 2007.
In the months preparing for her wedding in May 2017, Joy-Anna’s fans noticed she began dropping her weight rapidly and seemed to be healthier, happier, and more energetic. She didn’t respond until well past after the birth of her son in February 2018. In addition, Joy-Anna began losing weight again and quickly reached her pre-pregnancy weight. Even though she hasn’t stated that she used Optavia for her transformation which was a meal kit plan e.g. a pre-packed food company, her followers quickly followed the hints.
It just happened because the mother-in-law of her husband’s sister was the contact for the company, which led fans to believe that she was simply promoting the product. In response, Joy-Anna clarified that she was not paid or incentivized to promote the brand at all. She added that it was her own satisfaction with the results that motivated her to help people in a similar situation as her. In addition, as a lover of nature, she leads an active life alongside her husband, which helped her stay in shape.
Joy-Anna Forsyth Favorite Things
- Book – The Bible
- Bible Verse – Gal 6:9
- Bible Character – Joseph
- Song – There is a Redeemer
- Quote – “For God to Increase, we must decrease.”
- Foods – Chicken, Sweet Potatoes
- Past-Time – Visit the Bates
- Episode – Duggars In El Salvador
- Family Trip – El Salvador
- Plans – Missions, Politics, Family
- Activities – Hiking, Camping, Traveling, Riding A Motorcycle
- Animal – Horse
Joy-Anna Forsyth Facts
- She is the 9th of 19 children of Jim Bob and Michelle.
- Her parents also have guardianship of Tyler Hutchins, born on February 10, 2008. His birth mother is Rachel Hutchins, who is Michelle’s niece.
- She credits her sisters for invaluable advice when it came to chaperoned courting as she was a part of a strict Baptist family. During the group courting, no physical contact was allowed.
- Joy-Anna later broke multiple rules of her faith and family. She wore dresses higher than the knees, as well as jeans and pants, which aren’t part of the “modest fashion” that her mom dictated according to scripture.
- She even held Austin’s hand before they were engaged, and no physical contact was allowed at that time.
- When she accepted Austin’s marriage proposal, she gave him a full hug, which also wasn’t allowed, and later said that “we’re humans and we don’t always abide perfectly by our rules.”
- In 2017, 3 months after the wedding, Joy-Anna announced she was pregnant. The controversy started when an OBGYN Dr. Sean Henry said she was at least 5.5 months pregnant judging by the pictures, meaning the couple had s*x before marriage, which was strictly forbidden.
- Joy-Anna and her husband were condemned for not being there on their son’s 1st birthday on February 23, 2019. Her sister Jessa Duggar jumped in to say that the two were good parents and that they would celebrate his birthday when they get home.
- During her wedding, her brother Joseph Duggar proposed to his 18-year-old girlfriend, but it only made the celebration greater instead of spoiling the moment.
- In her wedding registry, Austin and Joy-Anna asked for attendees to buy coffee grinders, bedding, towels, vacuum cleaner, high-tech sanders and saws to build their house, and even hiking boots, tents, and gift cards for Lowe’s.
- She and her husband are a big part of the Fort Rock Christian Family Camp And Retreat Center in Combs, Arkansas, founded by Austin’s parents.
- Joy-Anna and Austin held a Spring Marriage Retreat event at the Fort Rock Christian Family Camp in April 2018. It featured a combination of powerful speech from scripture promoting marriage, but also team-building and humorous games such as horseback riding, rifle, archery ranges, and zip-lining.
Featured Image by Joy-Anna Forsyth / Instagram