|James Brolin Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||July 18, 1940|
James Brolin is an American actor, producer, and director who rose to fame playing Dr. Steven Kiley in Marcus Welby, M.D. (1969-1976) and gained further prominence by appearing in several other TV shows such as Hotel (1983-1988) and starring in numerous films like The Cape Town Affair (1967) and High Risk (1981). He has received several awards including the Emmy and the Golden Globes.
Craig Kenneth Bruderlin
Westwood Village, Los Angeles, California, United States
Malibu, California, United States
He attended University High School in West Los Angeles, graduating in 1958. He then went to Santa Monica City College. After that, he studied drama at the University of California in Los Angeles.
Actor, Producer, Director
- Father – Henry Hurst Bruderlin (Building Contractor)
- Mother – Helen Sue née Mansur Bruderlin (Housewife)
- Siblings – He has a younger brother and 2 younger sisters.
- Others – Alice Adair (Daughter-In-Law) (Actress), Trevor Brolin (Grandson) (Actor, Producer), Eden Brolin (Granddaughter) (Actress)
He is represented by Innovative Artists.
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Jane Cameron Agee (1966-1984) – The couple got married in 1966 and got divorced in 1984. They have a son named Josh (b. 1968) and a daughter named Jess (b. 1972).
- Jan Smithers (1986-1995) – They were married from 1986 to 1995 and have a daughter named Molly Elizabeth (b. 1987).
- Barbra Streisand (1996-Present) – They got married in 1996. He has a stepson, Jason Gould, who is Barbra’s only child.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, Swiss-German, German, Scottish, and Irish descent.
- Tall Stature
- Sharp Features
He has endorsed several brands such as –
James Brolin Favorite Things
- Inspiration – Clint Eastwood, Wife Barbra Streisand
- Weekend Activity – Flying while being the pilot himself
- Pastime – Road trips with wife Barbra
- Dream Day Job – The sitcom Life in Pieces
- Acting Mentor – Robert Young (Deceased)
James Brolin Facts
- In his childhood, he used to be interested in animals and airplanes, which he began building and flying at the age of 10.
- He was screen-tested for the role of James Bond in Octopussy (1983) but was rejected when Roger Moore agreed to reprise the part.
- Brolin’s first wife, Jane, passed away in a car accident in 1995. This was a big loss for him and shook him as after all the turmoil during their divorce, they had become friends again. This friendship began when they both had to put up a brave face at a premiere for their actor-son, Josh Brolin.
- Like the role of a retired pilot that he has played in the TV show Life in Pieces (2015-2019), he has been an active one in real life too since the age of 18 and owned little airplanes. He has also had a charter company with a partner and kept several jets of other people and leased them out.
- He got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on August 10, 2016.
- After playing a doctor for many years, he has had people coming to him for advice. He was even conferred an award by the American Medical Association, the other person bagging a prize along with him being someone who had done medical research for 5 decades.
- He has disclosed that he has spent most of the money he earned on phone calls.
- The camaraderie between Brolin and Clint Eastwood has been known.
- Sleeping has seemed to be a waste of time to him as he has found it difficult to wait for the morning to come so he can see his wife Barbra again.
Featured Image by ABC Television / eBay / Public Domain