|Kevin Federline Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||March 21, 1978|
Kevin Federline is an American former backup dancer, singer, DJ, actor, TV personality, and fashion model who became globally known due to his short-lived marriage to pop icon Britney Spears and the legal custody battle for their children that followed. He had started his career as a backup dancer and had performed in shows/concerts for stars such as Michael Jackson, Justin Timberlake, and Pink. The fame that he gained due to his relationship with Britney led to him releasing a debut studio album titled Playing with Fire (October 2006). He starred in music videos until 2008, played the role of Jason ‘J-Fed’ Federline in 3 episodes of the popular drama TV series One Tree Hill (2008), and participated in the competitive fitness-based reality TV series Celebrity Fit Club (2010) and Excess Baggage (2012).
Kevin Earl Federline
Fresno, San Joaquin Valley, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Kevin dropped out of high school in the 9th grade. He later attained a General Educational Development (GED) certification (a group of 4 subject tests which, when passed, provide certification that the test taker has American or Canadian high school-level academic skills).
Former Backup Dancer, Singer, DJ, Actor, TV Personality, Fashion Model
- Father – Mike Federline (Former Car Mechanic)
- Mother – Julie Bleak (née Story) (Former Bank Teller)
- Siblings – Chris Federline (Younger Brother)
- Others – Coby Bleak (Stepfather), Kurtis Allen Bleak (Younger Half-Brother), Francis Boyle Federline, Jr. (Paternal Grandfather), Theresa Leeora ‘Terri’ Musso (Paternal Grandmother), Stanley Earl Story (Maternal Grandfather), Betty Lou Orndoff (Maternal Grandmother), Brenda Prince (Mother-in-Law), Mike Prince (Father-in-Law), Tabitha Prince (Sister-in-Law), Jamie Lynn Spears (Ex-Sister-in-Law) (Actress, Singer), Bryan Spears (Ex-Brother-in-Law) (Film and TV Producer), James Parnell ‘Jamie’ Spears (Ex-Father-in-Law), Lynne Irene Spears (née Bridges) (Ex-Mother-in-Law) (Writer, Former Teacher, Former Daycare Operator), Barry ‘Sonny’ Bridges (Ex-Uncle-in-Law), Sandra Covington (née Bridges) (Ex-Aunt-in-Law) (d. January 2007), Laura Lynne Covington (Ex-Cousin-in-Law), Jeanine Spears (Ex-Aunt-in-Law), June Spears (Ex-Aunt-in-Law), John Spears (Ex-Uncle-in-Law), Austin Spears (Ex-Uncle-in-Law), William Spears (Ex-Uncle-in-Law), Alli Sims (Ex-Cousin-in-Law) (Media Personality, Wedding Planner), Jewel Knapp (Second Cousin) (Vocalist)
Hip Hop, Gangsta Rap, Pop Rap, Funk, Rhythm and Blues
- Reincarnate Music
- Federline Records
Kevin Federline’s net worth had been $1.5 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft or 183 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kevin has dated –
- Shar Jackson (2000–2004) – Kevin began dating American actress and singer Sharisse ‘Shar’ Jackson in January 2000 and the couple had parted ways by April 2004. They have 2 children together – a daughter named Kori Madison Federline (b. July 31, 2002) and a son named Kaleb Michael Jackson Federline (b. July 20, 2004). Kevin and Shar were engaged for a brief while but split just before the birth of their son because of Kevin’s growing closeness with pop singer Britney Spears. Despite this, they remained on fairly amicable terms with each other.
- Britney Spears (2004-2007) – He started dating American singer, songwriter, and dancer Britney Spears in April 2004. They announced their engagement in July 2004 and got married on September 18, 2004, in a nondenominational ceremony at a residence in Studio City, California. They filed legal papers on October 6, 2004. They have 2 sons together named Sean Preston Federline (b. September 14, 2005) and Jayden James Federline (b. September 12, 2006). Britney filed for divorce on November 7, 2006, citing irreconcilable differences and asking for the physical and legal custody of their sons, with visitation rights for Kevin. A day later, Kevin filed a legal response, seeking physical and legal custody of their sons. The couple reached a global settlement agreement in March 2007 and the divorce was finalized on July 30, 2007. On October 1, 2007, a court ruling granted Kevin sole physical custody of the 2 children, with legal custody to be decided. On January 3, 2008, police were called to Britney’s home after she refused to give up custody of her children and locked herself in a room with Jayden. She was hospitalized for appearing to be under the influence of an unknown substance and consequently, Kevin was awarded sole legal and physical custody of the 2 children. On July 26, 2008, this arrangement was legalized with Britney getting visitation rights that would increase over time. She also had to pay USD 20,000 per month in child support to Kevin as well as additional funds that would cover any custody-related legal expenses.
- Victoria Prince (2008-Present) – Kevin started dating volleyball player Victoria Prince in 2008 after getting acquainted with each other by being members of the same recreational bowling team called the Party Animals. The couple got married on August 10, 2013, at a ceremony held at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. They have 2 daughters together named Jordan Kay Federline (b. August 15, 2011) and Peyton Marie Federline (b. April 4, 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian (from a great-grandfather), English, Irish, Scottish, and German descent.
- Bulky frame
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Sports a rugged beard
- Affable smile
- Has multiple tattoos on both his hands
- Kevin modeled for the Five Star Vintage line produced by a San Francisco-based clothing company, Blue Marlin. This campaign’s initial series of advertisements ran in August 2006 and they were subsequently extended for Christmas 2006.
- In February 2007, during Super Bowl XLI (the championship game for the 2006 season of the NFL (National Football League)), he was featured in a TV commercial that was a part of the ‘Life Comes at You Fast’ series of advertisements for the Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company (a group of large insurance and financial services companies based in Columbus, Ohio, United States).
Kevin Federline Facts
- Born and raised in Fresno, California, Kevin moved to Carson City, Nevada, when he was about 8 years old. This was to live with his mother after his parents got divorced. He and his younger brother Chris returned to Fresno about 3 years later to live with their father.
- After dropping out of high school and later attaining a General Educational Development (GED) certification, Kevin began his dancing career with a nonprofit organization called Dance Empowerment.
- After his marriage to Britney Spears, he released a download-only song titled Y’all Ain’t Ready and a physical single titled PopoZão in 2006. Due to poor critical reaction, these tracks were not included in his debut studio album titled Playing with Fire (October 2006). The album too was universally lambasted by critics.
- In November 2011, while shooting for the competitive fitness-based reality TV series Excess Baggage in Kimberley, Western Australia, he was hospitalized due to ‘heat stress’. In January 2012, while filming for the same show, he suffered chest pain.
Featured Image by Kevin Federline / Instagram