|Benny Sings Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Year of Birth||1977|
Benny Sings is a Dutch musician, singer, songwriter, and producer whose discography consists of multiple albums such as Champagne People, Benny… At Home, Studio, Beat Tape, City Pop, ART, Music, and Beat Tape II. Moreover, he has served as a bassist for the Dutch hip-hop group Abstract Dialect as well as has worked with the hip-hop collective De Toffen and the soul group Heavenly Social. Over the years, Benny Sings has worked with several artists including Mayer Hawthorne, Rex Orange County, Free Nationals, GoldLink, Mac DeMarco, and Tom Misch.
Tim van Berkestijn
He was born in 1977.
Dordrecht, South Holland, Netherlands
Benny Sings studied Sonology at the Royal Conservatory of The Hague, a conservatoire providing higher education in music and dance.
Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Producer
Stones Throw, Dox Records, Sonar Kollektiv, Sings Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Benny Sings Facts
- He grew up in Dordrecht, a city in the Western Netherlands.
- Benny Sings was in high school when he formed his first band called the Loveboat.
- He adopted the stage name “Benny Sings” in 1999.
- On August 22, 2003, he released his debut solo album Champagne People via Sonar Kollektiv.
- Benny Sings’ 4th studio album titled ART was released on May 27, 2011, by Dox Records and it includes songs like Big Brown Eyes, All We Do for Love, Dreams, This Is a Samba, Each Other, Can We Try, and Honey Bee. He described his work style for the album as “not riding the wave of inspiration”, and “putting hours in to find the perfect song”.
Featured Image by Benny Sings / Instagram