|Julia Michaels Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||November 13, 1993|
Julia Michaels is an American singer and songwriter who has released various extended plays, albums, and tracks such as Not in Chronological Order, Julia Michaels, Nervous System, Inner Monologue Part 1, Inner Monologue Part 2, Futuristic, Worst in Me, Issues, Anxiety (ft. Selena Gomez), What a Time (ft. Niall Horan), Jump (ft. Trippie Redd), If You Need Me, Hurt Again, Lie Like This, Give It to You, Love Is Weird, All Your Eyes, and Heaven. Moreover, she has also written songs for artists such as Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, Fifth Harmony, Shawn Mendes, Britney Spears, Justin Bieber, Hailee Steinfeld, and Gwen Stefani. Julia Michaels has also received at least 3 Grammy Award nominations, two of which were for “Song of the Year” and the third being for “Best New Artist”, as well as nominations from MTV Video Music Awards, Billboard Music Awards, and American Music Awards.
Julia Carin Cavazos
Davenport, Iowa, United States
Due to her early introduction to the music industry, she didn’t have the time for school education so she was homeschooled. However, she did attend a charter school to get extra help for her studies.
- Father – Juan Manuel John Cavazos
- Mother – Julie Doreen
- Siblings – She has an older sister who is a singer.
- Others – Rolando Alejandro Cavazos Carmona (Paternal Grandfather), Ofelia García (Paternal Grandmother), Arthur Thomas Scriven Jr. (Maternal Grandfather), Juanita Sue (Maternal Grandmother)
Julia Michaels has been represented by –
- Advanced Alternative Media
- Innovative Artists, Talent Agency, Santa Monica, California, United States
Pop, dance, EDM
Vocals, piano, guitar
Her net worth had been $4 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
In her various interviews, she has revealed that her debut single Issues was inspired by the problems she was having with her boyfriend. She had learned from her relationship that you have to work on a relationship and have to come back despite personal conflicts.
Good for You was written for her boyfriend as well.
However, in the interview, she declined to reveal the identity of her boyfriend.
Later, she was linked with –
- Ari Staprans Leff – Singer and record producer Ari Staprans Leff (aka Lauv) and Julia had dated each other in the past. They were speculated to be dating together after they sort of confirmed it on Twitter. They had also collaborated together on the song “There’s No Way” in 2018. The news of their separation came in January 2019.
- JP Saxe (2019-Present) – After collaborating on the song ‘The World Was Ending’ in late 2019, the couple started dating each other.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Hispanic and White)
Julia is of Mexican, Spanish, and indigenous descent on her father’s side and has Dutch, English, French, German, Northern Irish, and Scottish ancestry on her mother’s side.
She has naturally ‘Dark Brown’ hair and dyed them ‘Blonde’.
- Wears nose ring
- Blonde tresses
34-26-35 in or 86-66-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
Best Known For
- Having collaborated with leading celebrities such as Demi Lovato, Gwen Stefani, Justin Bieber, and Ed Sheeran
- The popularity and critical acclaim received by her debut single, Issues
As a Singer
Her debut single, Issues was released in January 2017. She released her second EP named Futuristic in April 2012.
First TV Show
In 2012, she made her first TV show appearance in the series Shameless as a performer.
Julia Michaels Favorite Things
- Book – Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell
- Music Artist (Growing Up) – Fiona Apple
- Music Artists – Gus Dapperton, Benny Sings
- Comfort Meal – Anything pasta
- Place in the World – Paris
Source – Us Magazine
Julia Michaels Facts
- Her mother bought her a baby piano when she was 11 years old by pawning her diamond ring.
- While growing up, she had no intentions of becoming an artist and was content with being a poet. After realizing the impact of music on individual lives, she started changing her poetry into songs.
- Before becoming a successful songwriter, she used to prepare pieces that were used as a background score for TV shows and commercials.
- She got her breakthrough after she wrote the theme song for the TV series, Austin and Ally.
- She performed with musician Kygo at the closing ceremony of the 2016 Rio Olympics.
- She has got inked on numerous occasions. She has a treble clef on one of the knuckles; a microphone, a piano, and quill on her arms; and a typewriter on her right bicep.
- On April 30, 2021, she released her debut studio album titled Not in Chronological Order through Republic Records and its tracklist included songs like All Your Exes, Lie Like This, History, Love Is Weird, and That’s the Kind of Woman. The album was ranked at number #69 on the UK Digital Albums (OCC) chart and at number #183 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- Her first fashion campaign was with Christian Cowan.
- Julia’s first job was working at a restaurant.
- Her sense of style is a mix of masculine and feminine.
- Her first-ever car was a red 2001 Volkswagen Cabriolet with a black top.
- Julia can hula hoop.
- Julia can also put her legs behind her head.
- Once when she was performing in Spain, she bumped into her guitar player Chris which was her most embarrassing moment.
- She can make a very tasty apple pie.
- Julia has a pet cat named Turkey and 2 dogs named Sam and Hazel.
- Grace Kelly is her style icon.
- Creative writing was her best subject in school.