|Grace Kelly Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||November 12, 1929|
|Date of Death||September 14, 1982|
Grace Kelly was an American actress who is best known for portraying roles such as Linda Nordley in Mogambo, Georgie Elgin in The Country Girl, Frances Stevens in To Catch a Thief, Tracy Lord in High Society, and Margot Mary Wendice in Dial M for Murder. She had also appeared in a variety of other films and TV shows such as Fourteen Hours, High Noon, The Bridges at Toko-Ri, Green Fire, The Wedding in Monaco, Lights Out, The Web, Suspense, Toast of the Town, Monte Carlo: C’est La Rose, and many more. Her theatre credits included plays like The Father and To Be Continued. For her acting skills, Grace received several awards such as the Golden Globe Award and Theatre World Award.
Grace Patricia Kelly
Grace was born on November 12, 1929.
Grace died at the age of 52 on September 14, 1982, in Monaco.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.
Grace went to Ravenhill Academy in Philadelphia. She graduated from Stevens School in May 1947.
In July 1947, she also applied at Bennington College in Bennington, Vermont but got rejected due to her low maths score.
She is an alumnus of the American Academy of Dramatic Arts.
- Father – John B. Kelly, Sr. (1889–1960) (Rower and owner of Brickwork Contracting Company)
- Mother – Margaret Katherine Majer (1898–1990) (Physical Education instructor)
- Siblings – Margaret (1925–1991) (Older Sister), John B. Kelly Jr. (1927–1985) (Older Brother) (Rower)
- Others – Walter C. Kelly (1873–1939) (Uncle) (Vaudeville Comedian), George Kelly (1887–1974) (Uncle) (Playwright, Screenwriter, Director, Actor)
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Grace Kelly dated –
- Tony Curtis (1950) – RUMOR
- Bing Crosby (1953-1955) – Grace started dating singer and actor Bing Crosby in 1953. They dated for almost 2 years before breaking up in 1955.
- Gary Cooper (1953)
- Clark Gable (1953) – RUMOR
- Frank Sinatra (1954) – In 1954, singer Frank Sinatra dated Grace for some time. At that time, he was 14 years her senior.
- William Holden (1954) – In the same year, her name was linked with actor William Holden who was 11 years her senior.
- Ray Milland (1954) – RUMOR
- Oleg Cassini (1954-1955) – 16 years his senior fashion designer, Oleg Cassini and Grace were an item from 1954 to 1955.
- Jean-Pierre Aumont (1955) – In 1955, Grace was romantically linked with French actor, Jean-Pierre Aumont. He is again 19 years older than her.
- Prince Rainier of Monaco (1955-1982) – In 1955, she started dating Monacan royalty, Prince Rainier of Monaco. They got engaged on January 6, 1956 and married on April 19, 1956. They had three children, daughters Caroline Louise Marguerite (b. January 23, 1957), and Stéphanie Marie Elisabeth (b. February 1, 1965), and son Albert Alexandre Louis Pierre (b. March 14, 1958). The relationship ended after Grace’s death on September 14, 1982. On April 6, 2005, Prince Rainier also died at 81.
- John F. Kennedy (1962) – RUMOR
Race / Ethnicity
She had Irish-American ancestry on her dad’s side and German ancestry on her mom’s side.
- She used to get cast in films opposite a man who was much older than her.
- Bun like hairstyle
34-24-35 in or 86-61-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
She had appeared in a Dior commercial starring Charlize Theron, Max Factor Colorfast Lipstick commercial, and many others.
Best Known For
Being the Princess of Monaco as she married Prince Rainier III of Monaco in April 1956.
In 1951, she appeared in the drama film Fourteen Hours for her small role as Louise Anne Fuller.
First TV Show
In 1948, 1952-1954, Grace was seen in the NBC drama/anthology series Kraft Television Theatre in various characters.
Grace used to remain in shape with more focus on diet rather than exercises. We know that she belonged to a sports family, so fitness was in her blood.
Kelly used to stay away from desserts and instead ate yogurt with berries. She was less interested in exercising, but whenever she did, it was mainly yoga.
Grace used to follow a diet plan called “elevenses.” According to this, she used to eat oatmeal for breakfast and snacked on carrot sticks with celery and dried apricots if she got hungry before 11 am.
Grace Kelly Favorite Things
- Actress – Ingrid Bergman
- Actor – Joseph Cotten
- Flower – Rose
Grace Kelly Facts
- Former actress, Grace Kelly stopped acting at 26 and married Prince Rainier to become Princess of Monaco.
- Grace had dual U.S. and Monégasque citizenship.
- She died as a result of a stroke that appeared to her while driving; thus, caused her car to crash.
- When young, she did modeling for some time with her sisters and mother at local social events.
- She is not a singer, but has contributed in three songs; a duet with Bing Crosby on a song called “True Love” and two other songs.
- As per the order of Prince Rainier of Monaco, Grace Kelly’s movies were banned in Monaco.
- She was born at 5:31 AM EST.
- For the film Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1958), Grace was first considered for the role of Maggie the Cat. But, it was finally performed by Elizabeth Taylor.
- Grace was very good friends with actress Maureen O’Hara.
- In 1962, she got pregnant with Prince Rainier of Monaco’s child twice, but both times, she suffered miscarriages.
- She had also been a girl scout.
- In 1997, she was included in the list of “The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time” by Empire magazine at #51.
- Grace received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1960.
- She was not on social media.