|Ray Milland Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1¼ in|
|Date of Birth||January 3, 1907|
|Date of Death||March 10, 1986|
Ray Milland was a Welsh-American actor and director who was well-known for starring in popular films like The Lost Weekend (1945), The Jungle Princess (1936), Reap the Wild Wind (1942), The Big Clock (1948), Dial M for Murder (1954), The Thief (1952), Love Story (1970), etc.
Alfred Reginald Jones
Ray Milland, Spike Milland
Ray was born on January 3, 1907.
He passed away on March 10, 1986, from lung cancer in California at the age of 79.
Neath, Glamorgan, Wales
- Father – Alfred Jones
- Mother – Elizabeth Truscott
6 ft 1¼ in or 186 cm
92 kg or 203 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ray had dated –
- Esperanza Baur
- Yvonne De Carlo
- Muriel Weber (1932-1986) – The Markham actor got married to Muriel Weber on September 30, 1932. They were parents to a son named Daniel Milland (d. March 1981) and an adopted daughter named Victoria Milland. The couple stayed together for more than 50 years until Ray’s death in 1986.
- Hedy Lamarr (1950)
- Grace Kelly (1954) – RUMOR
Race / Ethnicity
He had Welsh ancestry.
- Tattoo of a skull and snake on his upper right arm
- Rich, smooth voice
Ray Milland Facts
- He chose his last name as Milland from a riverside street known as Milland Road in his hometown.
- Ray was a talented boxer, fencer, horseman, and marksman.
- In 1946, he became the very first Welsh actor to win an Academy Award for ‘Best Actor’ with his stellar performance in The Lost Weekend. Additionally, he gave one of the shortest acceptance speeches in the history of the award ceremony.
- After his death, Milland’s body was cremated and the ashes were scattered into the Pacific Ocean, in accordance with his wishes. Also, he chose not to have a funeral.
Featured Image by Whitey Schafer / Wikimedia / Public Domain
His height was 185.5 cm which is rounded up to about 6’1″
His real height was 186.5 cm tall