|The Kid Laroi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 17, 2003|
The Kid Laroi is an Australian rapper, singer, and songwriter who initially gained public attention with his association and friendship with late rapper Juice Wrld who mentored him while he was on tour in Australia. Laroi has been establishing himself in the music industry and has released a number of extended plays, mixtapes, and tracks including 14 with a Dream, Go Dumb (with Y2K featuring Blackbear and Bankrol Hayden), Tell Me Why, Without You, Reminds Me of You (with Juice Wrld), Need You Most (So Sick), So Done, Diva (featuring Lil Tecca), and Blessings.
Charlton Kenneth Jeffrey Howard
The Kid Laroi (stylized as The Kid LAROI.)
Waterloo, New South Wales, Australia
Los Angeles, California, United States
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter
- Sibling – Austin (Younger Brother)
Hip Hop, Trap, Emo Rap, Pop, Pop Punk, Rap Rock
Grade A, Columbia Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
The Kid Laroi has dated –
- Katarina Deme (2020-Present) – He has been in a relationship with Katarina Deme and he made their relationship public with an Instagram post in January 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
The Kid Laroi is of Indigenous Australian descent on his mother’s side and has French roots on his father’s side.
The Kid Laroi Facts
- He grew up in a family with very limited means and spent much of his childhood relocating around New South Wales.
- At the age of 7, he shifted to Broken Hill, a remote outback town. He was living with his mother and uncle at that time.
- Growing up, his mother would often play him music by the Fugees, Erykah Badu, and Tupac.
- Unfortunately, his uncle was murdered when Laroi was 11 years old and, hence, his mother was forced to move back to Waterloo.
- The Kid Laroi started rapping at the age of 13 and has stated that music was a method of escaping from his family struggles.
- He is a member of the Kamilaroi (or Gamilaraay) people.
- On July 24, 2020, Laroi released his debut commercial mixtape, F*ck Love, through Grade A Productions and Columbia Records. It featured guest appearances by artists like Corbin Smidzik, Juice Wrld, and Lil Mosey, and the mixtape was nominated for “Best Hip Hop Release” at the 2020 ARIA Music Awards.
- F*ck Love peaked the Norwegian Albums (VG-lista) chart and was ranked at number #2 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart and at number #3 on the US Billboard 200 chart. After being reissued in July 2021, the album was placed at the #1 spot on the Billboard 200 chart.
- On April 30, 2021, in collaboration with Miley Cyrus, he released a remix of the song Without You.
- His stage name, “The Kid Laroi” comes from the name of the Aboriginal community, Kamilaroi.
- In June 2021, it was revealed that he had been signed with Scooter Braun‘s management agency, SB Projects. He reportedly parted ways with the management company in September 2021.
- The Kid Laroi was included in the 2022 list of Forbes 30 Under 30.
- During the 2022 iHeartRadio Music Awards, The Kid Laroi won the award for “Best Collaboration” for Stay with Justin Bieber.
- In April 2022, The Kid Laroi released the music video of his new song titled Thousand Miles.
Featured Image by The Kid Laroi / Instagram