|Lil Tecca Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 26, 2002|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Lil Tecca is an American singer, rapper, and songwriter who is known for making a name for himself in the music industry. His rap style is melodic bearing similarities to that of A Boogie wit da Hoodie and Lil Tjay and his musical inspirations are from the different styles of music such as pop, rock, and rap. Growing up, Lil Tecca’s initial interests laid in becoming an NBA star and make it big in sports but those passions soon got vanished into the thin air and thus began his absolute love for music. He started rapping at a very young age and his parents have also been supportive of his artistic pursuits. Lil Tecca’s debut mixtape also gained much attraction with songs such as Ransom making the highlight. Other than that, he has also released various other tracks which include the likes of Rags to Riches, Glo Up, Molly Girl, Did It Again, Count Me Out, Bossanova, and Love Me. Moreover, Lil Tecca has also gained a huge fan base on social media as he enjoys more than 3 million followers on Instagram, more than a million subscribers on YouTube, more than 250k followers on Twitter, and more than 50k followers on Facebook.
Tyler-Justin Anthony Sharpe
Queens, New York City, New York, United States
New York, United States
Lil Tecca studied at Lawrence High School which is a 4-year public high school located in Cedarhurst, Nassau County, New York, United States.
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter
Lil Tecca has been managed by Giuseppe Zappala.
Hip Hop, Trap
Galactic, Republic Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Lil Tecca is of Jamaican descent.
- Lean physique
- Often wears glasses
- Curly hair
- Plump lips
Lil Tecca has either endorsed or promoted a number of brands through social media which include the likes of Palm Angels, V. lifestyle, Ksubi, Gucci, Prada, UNDESIRABLES Clothing, A BATHING APE, Lyrical Lemonade, Maison Margiela, Raf Simons, GUESS, Louis Vuitton, Supreme, DOPE, BOZO Worldwide, and several others.
Best Known For
- Releasing a large number of songs such as Ransom, Love Me, Glo Up, Molly Girl, Did It Again, Rags to Riches, Bossanova, Count Me Out, My Time, etc.
- The extreme popularity gained by his debut mixtape that managed to get ranked at number #4 in the Billboard 200 Chart. Its song, Ransom, earned a great response from the audience with more than 300 million plays on Spotify and was ranked at number #2 in the US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart as well as in the Canadian Hot 100 chart, at number #4 in the US Billboard Hot 100 chart, at number #8 in the ARIA Charts, at number #3 in the Irish Singles Chart, and at number #7 in the UK Singles Chart.
- Having amassed a huge social media fan base with more than 3 million followers on Instagram, more than a million subscribers on YouTube, more than 250k followers on Twitter, and more than 50k followers on Facebook
As a Singer
Lil Tecca has released a number of singles such as Ransom, Glo Up, Molly Girl, Rags to Riches, Bossanova, Did It Again, Count Me Out, Love Me, My Time, and several others.
Moreover, he released his debut mixtape, We Love You Tecca on August 30, 2019, via Republic Records and it included many songs such as Ransom, Count me Out, Glo Up, Weatherman, Phenom, The Score, Did It Again, Love Me, Amigo, Out of Luck, Shots, and Left, Right. The mixtape was ranked at number #4 in the US Billboard 200 chart, at number #3 in Norwegian Albums (VG-lista) as well as Canadian Albums (Billboard) chart, at number #13 in the Australian Albums (ARIA) chart, at number #15 in the UK Albums (OCC), and at number #11 at the Finnish Albums (Suomen virallinen lista).
Lil Tecca Favorite Things
- Artist – Speaker Knockerz
- Food – Curry goat
Lil Tecca Facts
- He grew up in Springfield Gardens which is a neighborhood in Queens, New York City, New York. After some time, he shifted to Lawrence which is a village located in Nassau County, New York, United States.
- Lil Tecca is the son of Jamaican emigrants.
- During his younger years, he wanted to become an NBA player but around the time when he was in middle school, his interest in the sport somehow got dissolved. Then, when he was about 12 years of age, he started getting inclined towards music and soon decided to pursue a career in the field.
- Lil Tecca started to rap even before he had turned 10 and when he was around 9 years old, he used to often rap along with his friends over his mic on Xbox. They would all often make diss tracks related to one another and one of the tracks was even uploaded on SoundCloud but was later taken down.
- The mixtape, We Love You Tecca, also has a sole guest appearance from the rapper, singer, and songwriter, Juice Wrld.
- In an interview, Lil Tecca revealed that he got his stage name “Lil Tecca” from an acquaintance on Instagram who used to address him as “Lil Tecca” as she herself was named Tecca.
- Some of his many musical influences include Michael Jackson, Coldplay, Speaker Knockerz, Eminem, Meek Mill, Waka Flocka Flame, and Chief Keef.
- His song, Did It Again debuted at number 100 on the Billboard Hot 100 and was ranked at number #24 in the US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, at number #34 in the Canadian Hot 100 chart, and at number #63 in the IFPI Greece chart.
- Lil Tecca has also served as a featured artist on Memories in My Head by Icyslug, Did It Again (Remix) by Smxthers, and Somebody by Internet Money.
- His voice has often drawn comparisons to that of Playboi Carti.
- Visit his official website @ weloveyoutecca.com.
- Follow Lil Tecca on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, SoundCloud, Spotify, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Lil Tecca / Instagram