|Charles Melton Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11.5 in|
|Date of Birth||January 4, 1991|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Charles Melton is an American actor and model known for portraying various important roles in popular TV shows and films like Riverdale and American Horror Story. He has done endorsement and modeling work for numerous brands like Kenneth Cole, Dolce & Gabbana, Armani, Azalea, and Old Navy. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 7 million followers on Instagram.
Juneau, Alaska, United States
Charles Melton went to the Manhattan High School in Kansas.
After graduating from high school, he got enrolled at the Kansas State University. However, he dropped out after 2 years to pursue his acting career.
Charles Melton is represented by –
- VISION Models – Los Angeles
- Elite Model Management – Toronto
5 ft 11½ in or 181.5 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Charles Melton has dated –
- Camila Mendes (2018-2019, 2021-Present) – Charles had dated American actress Camila Mendes for some time. The couple started seeing each other in 2018 but parted shortly in early 2019 because of their busy work schedule. In June 2021, the duo sparked dating rumors once again.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
He has Korean and Cherokee ancestry.
- Prominent nose
- Square jawline
- Dashing good looks
Charles Melton has done modeling and endorsement work for the following brands –
- Dolce & Gabbana
- Hollister Co.
- Old Navy
- Kenneth Cole Mankind Fragrance
- Mac Cosmetics
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Reggie Mantle in the mystery thriller TV series, Riverdale, which is a darker TV adaptation of the iconic Archies comics.
- Having played the role of Mr. Wu in the horror anthology TV series, American Horror Story.
- Having done modeling work for some of the leading fashion brands such as Kenneth Cole and Dolce & Gabbana.
First TV Show
In 2014, Charles Melton made his first TV show appearance in the New New York episode of the musical drama TV series, Glee.
Charles Melton regularly hits the gym under the guidance of his personal trainer Alex Fine to keep his fitness levels up. Alex focuses on functional training to get Melton’s body in perfect aesthetical shape. They usually perform the workout in a high-intensity circuit, in which exercises are done one after another without any rest in between.
He starts his workout with jump squats and after having done 20 repetitions, he moves on to lunge jumps. He finishes off the circuit with wall sits and also includes exercises such as tire flips and pushups in the workout session.
At the end of the workout, Alex gets Melton to work on his core. They usually perform one exercise for 30 seconds and follow it up with 15 seconds rest. They start the core session with single-leg suitcases and follow it with leg crunch. If he has some energy left, he indulges in some boxing.
Charles Melton Favorite Things
- Music – Glee
- Hobby – Watching food channels
- Piece Of Clothing – D&G jean jacket and his Pokemon PJs
- Artist – William Hung from American Idol
- Place To Visit – Alaska
Source – Models
Charles Melton Facts
- While studying at the university, he played Division I football for 2 years.
- He has been featured on the cover of the Prestige magazine.
- He suffered 3 concussions while playing college football in his sophomore year.
- Charles was discovered by Tom Perkins at the Arts Showcase in Orlando, Florida. Perkins had previously discovered Ashton Kutcher.
- He was offered an opportunity to start a modeling career while he was in school but he opted to focus on his studies at that time. When he eventually started focusing wholeheartedly on modeling, Perkins asked him to drop 20 pounds as he looked too big for a model.
- His first-ever modeling gig was the iconic fashion house, Dolce & Gabbana as he was photographed for the 12-page advertisement feature.
- He has a dog named Neya.
Featured Image by Charles Melton / Instagram