|Blake McGrath Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||November 21, 1983|
Blake McGrath is a Canadian professional dancer, singer, and choreographer who first came into the spotlight in 2005 when he had participated in the first season of the popular reality TV dance competition series So You Think You Can Dance. He then gained further recognition for being a part of dance-based reality TV shows such as Dancelife (2007), So You Think You Can Dance Canada (2008-2011), and Dance Moms (2013-2014). Besides dance and choreography, he has developed a parallel solo career in singing as well and has published the albums Time to Move (2010), Love Revolution (2013), INNERvention (2019), and Wild Love (2020); and the EPs titled I Am Blake McGrath (2017) and Vintage Tomorrow (2017).
Blake James McGrath
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Los Angeles, California, United States
Blake had attended the Cawthra Park Secondary School and the Applewood Heights Secondary School in Mississauga, Ontario, as well as the St. Jean de Brebeuf Catholic Secondary School in Hamilton, Ontario.
Besides that, he had trained in dance at the Tiffany Dance Academy in Hamilton, Ontario, the Deborah Thomson School of Dance in Brampton, Ontario, and the Joanne Chapman School of Dance in Brampton, Ontario.
Professional Dancer, Singer, Choreographer
- Father – Jim McGrath
- Mother – Dyanne McGrath
- Siblings – Shannon Mather (Older Sister) (Choreographer), Meaghan McGrath (Younger Sister)
- Others – Emma Mather (Niece) (Dancer, TV Personality), Everleigh Grace Mather (Niece), Ethan Mather (Nephew), Harleigh McGrath (Niece), Paul Gooding (Brother-in-Law) (Entrepreneur), Josh Mather (Brother-in-Law)
He is represented by Star Blazius Management, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Pop, R&B, Dance, Gospel, Electronic
- Interscope Records
- Star Blazius Records
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Blake has dated –
- Joseph Guadagno (2013–2018)
- Tristan Rehwald (2019-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Toned physique
- Affable smile
- Has a ‘Cross’ tattooed under his right ear
- Has a tattoo, across his chest and midriff, depicting a cross held by chains
- Often sports a trimmed beard
- Has a long inscription tattooed on his left forearm and another phrase tattooed on his midriff
- Has the phrase ‘Live to Love’ tattooed across his right side
- Side-cropped hair
- Has the words ‘Love’ and ‘Revolution’ tattooed under his left ear
Blake has been featured in the TV commercials for brands such as –
- The Gap, Inc., with Sarah Jessica Parker
- J. C. Penney
- Old Navy
Blake McGrath Favorite Things
- Male Dancer – Brian Friedman
- Female Dancer – Galen Hooks
Source – IMDb
Blake McGrath Facts
- Even before his rise to fame in 2005 due to his participation in So You Think You Can Dance, Blake had already acted in a few TV series and TV films. His debut, as a 14-year old, came with the portrayal of Stuart Sanger in the TV film Choices of the Heart: The Margaret Sanger Story (1997).
- In addition to his TV work, he has also played cameo or supporting roles in films such as Life With Mikey (1993), Chicago (2002), and Rent (2005).
- His company, VIP Dance Events, which tours in major cities across Canada, also looks after his public relations requirements and bookings.
Featured Image by Blake McGrath / Instagram