|Anna Kalinskaya Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||December 2, 1998|
Anna Kalinskaya is a Russian professional tennis player who is adept at both the singles and the doubles formats of the sport having been rated as high as world number 76 in singles in April 2022 and world number 69 in doubles in February 2021, as per the official WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) rankings. At Grand Slam tournaments, in the singles format, she had reached the 2nd round of the US Open in both 2019 and 2020. At Grand Slam tournaments, in the doubles format, she had reached the 3rd round of the 2021 Australian Open and the 3rd round of the 2019 US Open. As of June 2022, she had won 3 doubles titles on the WTA Tour – the 2022 St. Petersburg Trophy (WTA 500), the 2021 Slovenia Open (WTA 250), and the 2019 Prague Open (International).
Anna Nikolayevna Kalinskaya
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – Nikolay Kalinskiy (Former Professional Badminton Player)
- Mother – Elena Kalinskaya (Former Professional Badminton Player)
- Siblings – Nikolay Nikolayevich Kalinsky (Older Brother) (Professional Soccer Player)
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Anna has dated –
- Nick Kyrgios (2020)
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Russian descent.
- Toned physique
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
Anna has been sponsored by –
- Adidas AG (German multinational corporation that designs and manufactures shoes, clothing, and accessories)
- Yonex Co., Ltd. (Japanese sports equipment manufacturing company)
Anna Kalinskaya Favorite Things
- Tennis Surface – Hard
- Tennis Tournament – St. Petersburg Trophy
- Tennis Idols/Role Models – Justine Henin, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Kim Clijsters
- Sports – Tennis, Basketball
- Hobbies/Interests – Cooking, Shopping, Watching Movies/Documentaries
- Musicians – Dua Lipa, Post Malone, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, DJ Khaled
- Movie Genre – Romance, Romantic Comedy
Source – WTA Tennis
Anna Kalinskaya Facts
- Anna started playing tennis when she was about 5 years old. This was after she had watched a cousin play the sport whilst she was spending the summer at her grandmother’s house.
- At the youth tier, she had clinched the 2016 Australian Open title in the girls’ doubles event. She and her partner won the tournament without dropping a set throughout.
- She had also finished as the runner–up at the 2015 US Open in the girls’ doubles event. In the girls’ singles format, she reached the final of the 2015 French Open.
- When she defeated Sloane Stephens in straight sets (6–3, 6–4) in the first round of the 2019 US Open, she had advanced to the second round of the main draw of a Grand Slam tournament in the singles format for the first time in her career.
- This was also the first time in her career that she had upset a player ranked in the ‘Top 10’ of the official WTA singles rankings. Sloane was ranked number 10 in the world at that time. She later stated in an interview that the atmosphere in the stadium during this match was one of the best moments/memories of her tennis career.
- She has 2 pet dogs – the first was given to her on her 13th birthday and stays in Moscow with her parents, while the second is a Pomsky called Kobe who accompanies her most of the time on tour.
Featured Image by Anna Kalinskaya / Instagram