|Karen Khachanov Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||May 21, 1996|
Karen Khachanov is a Russian professional tennis player who first rose to prominence in 2018 when he caused a big upset by defeating Novak Djokovic in the final of the ATP World Tour 1000 Paris Masters event. He had further cemented his reputation by reaching the quarterfinal of the 2019 French Open, a performance that had helped him break into the ‘Top 10’ of the official ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) singles rankings for the first time. He is also adept at the doubles format of the sport and had made it to the final of the 2018 Miami Open and the 2019 Paris Masters. Representing Russia at the 2014 Nanjing Youth Olympic Games, he had clinched a ‘Silver’ medal in the doubles competition.
Karen Abgarovich Khachanov
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Karen had attended the Sozvezdie Secondary School in his hometown of Moscow. After his high school graduation, he had joined the University of Physical Education in Moscow from where he had graduated in 2018.
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – Abgar Khachanov (Former Volleyball Player)
- Mother – Natalia Khachanova
- Siblings – Georgiy Khachanov (Brother), Margarita Khachanova (Sister)
- Others – Ilya Ivashka (Brother-in-Law) (Professional Tennis Player)
He is represented by Lawrence Frankopan, Manager and Booking Agent, StarWing Sports, Boutique Sports Talent Management Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
6 ft 6 in or 198 cm
87 kg or 192 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Karen has dated –
- Veronika Shkliaeva (2016-Present) – Karen had married Veronika Shkliaeva in April 2016, and they have a son together named David Khachanov (b. September 14, 2019).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Armenian descent on his father’s side and Russian descent on his mother’s side.
- Toned physique
- Towering frame
- Short-cropped hair
- Often sports a rugged beard
- Affable smile
Karen has been sponsored by –
- Wilson Sporting Goods
- VTB Bank
- Giorgio Armani S.p.A.
Karen Khachanov Favorite Things
- Tennis Surface – Clay, Indoor Hard
- Tennis Shot – Serve
- Sports – Tennis, Soccer, Basketball, Chess
- Tennis Players – Marat Safin, Juan Martín del Potro
- Soccer Team – Real Madrid C.F.
- Basketball Team – Miami Heat
- Music Genre – Hip Hop
- Basketball Player – LeBron James
- Mixed Martial Artist – Conor McGregor
- Soccer Player – Cristiano Ronaldo
Karen Khachanov Facts
- When Karen broke into the ‘Top 10’ of the official ATP singles rankings in 2019 after reaching the quarterfinal of the French Open, he had become the first Russian male player to do so since Mikhail Youzhny in 2011.
- During his fairy tale triumph at the 2018 ATP World Tour 1000 Paris Masters, he had defeated 4 ‘Top-10’ players in a row – John Isner in the 3rd round, Alexander Zverev in the quarterfinal, Dominic Thiem in the semi-final, and Novak Djokovic in the final. This win had made him the first Russian player to win an ATP Masters 1000 title since Nikolay Davydenko at the 2009 Shanghai Masters and the first unseeded ATP Masters 1000 champion since David Nalbandian at the 2007 Paris Masters.
- When he won the 2018 Kremlin Cup, he had become the first Russian champion in the Moscow-based tournament since Mikhail Youzhny in 2009.
Featured Image by Karen Khachanov / Instagram