|John Isner Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 26, 1985|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
John Isner is an American professional tennis player who is best known for his participation in several tournaments such as Wimbledon Championship, Miami Open, and US Open. As of December 2022, he has been ranked as high as world No. 14 in doubles and No. 8 in singles by the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP). He has also participated in numerous other tournaments such as Heineken Open, U.S. Men’s Clay Court Championship, Australian Open, Davis Cup, Abierto Mexicano Telcel Championship, Serbian Open, Mutua Madrileña Madrid Open, Hall of Fame Tennis Championship, Los Cabos Open, Cincinnati Masters, and many more.
John Robert Isner
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Tampa, Florida, United States
John attended Walter Hines Page Senior High School in his hometown Greensboro. Upon his high school graduation, Isner joined the University of Georgia from where he later achieved a bachelor’s degree in speech communication.
Professional Tennis Player
Right Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
- Father – Robert Isner (Builder)
- Mother – Karen Isner (Real Estate Agent)
- Siblings – Jordan Isner (Older Brother), Nathan Isner (Older Brother)
6 ft 10 in or 208 cm
108 kg or 238 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
John Isner dated –
- Madison McKinley (2011-Present) – In 2011, Isner started dating the American businesswoman (designer) Madison McKinley. The couple got married on December 2, 2017, in Bluffton, South Carolina. They have 3 children together.
Race / Ethnicity
- Wears a cap during his matches
- Towering height
- Big body
- Long arms
Isner has been sponsored by FILA, Prince, Lacoste, Ebix, Tamko, and Runa.
Best Known For
His powerful serve which is considered to be one of the best in the game of tennis.
Isner is also known for his height, standing 6 ft 10 in tall, made him one of the tallest tennis players in the world.
Isner appeared in the short comedy-drama movie The Discontentment of Ed Telfair in 2013 as Doug.
However, John has not been seen in a feature movie yet.
First TV Show
Other than tennis matches themselves, Isner first appeared in the sports talk show Rome Is Burning in 2010 in just one episode as himself-correspondent.
Isner trained under coach Craig Boynton in the period from 2007 until 2012.
After John parted ways with Craig in 2012, he began working with Mike Sell who helped him raise his game to another level as he managed to beat Roger Federer, David Nalbandian, and Novak Djokovic. However, Isner decided to split with Sell in 2014, as he hired Justin Gimelstob with whom he worked until April 2016.
Kyle Morgan has served as John’s fitness trainer and his chiropractor is Clint Cordial.
John Isner Favorite Things
- TV Show – Curb Your Enthusiasm (2000-Present)
- Surface – Hard court
Source – ATPWorldTour.com
John Isner Facts
- Isner started playing tennis at the age of 9.
- His hobbies include fishing, playing poker, basketball, watching TV, and playing golf.
- He supports the NFL team Carolina Panthers and the football team of the University of Georgia.
- Isner is a fan of Fremantle Football Club in the Australian Football League.
- Isner’s childhood idol has been Karl Malone.
- John thinks his forehand and serve are his strengths.
- He was a member of the ATP Player Council from 2014 to 2016.
- In 2009, John was selected for the ATP Most Improved Player of the Year.
- He was a basketball player until the 9th standard.
- At the age of 16, he grew 5 more inches and went from 6’3 to 6’8.
- Isner stated that if he didn’t succeed as a tennis player, he would have been a basketball player.
- John won USA F14 Futures, which was his first professional trophy.
- He achieved his first ATP trophy at the 2010 Heineken Open in Auckland.
- In 2022, he became the 5th man to reach 1,000 aces at the Wimbledon tournament and parallelly also set the record for most aces on the ATP Tour.