John Robert Isner
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Tampa, Florida, United States
John attended Walter Hines Page Senior High School in his hometown Greensboro. Upon his high school graduation, Isner joined the University of Georgia from where he later achieved a bachelor degree in speech communication.
Professional Tennis Player
Right Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
- Father – Robert Isner (Builder)
- Mother – Karen Isner (Real Estate Agent)
- Siblings – Jordan Isner (Older Brother), Nathan Isner (Older Brother)
6 ft 10 in or 208 cm
108 kg or 238 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
John Isner dated –
- Madison McKinley (2011-Present) – Since 2011, Isner has been in a relationship with American businesswoman (designer) Madison McKinley.
Race / Ethnicity
- Wears a cap during his matches
- Towering height
- Big body
- Long arms
John Isner’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 48 in or 122 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 38 in or 96.5 cm
Isner has been sponsored by FILA, Prince, Lacoste, Ebix, Tamko, and Runa.
Best Known For
His powerful serve which is considered to be one of the best in the game of tennis.
Isner is also known for his height, standing 6 ft 10 in tall, made him one of the tallest tennis players in the world.
Isner appeared in the short comedy drama movie The Discontentment of Ed Telfair in 2013 as Doug.
However, John has not been seen in a feature movie yet.
First TV Show
Other than tennis matches itself, Isner first appeared in the sports talk show Rome Is Burning in 2010 in just one episode as himself-correspondent.
First Grand Slam Singles Wins
You can check John’s recent titles on ATP World Tour.
Isner trained under coach Craig Boynton in the period from 2007 until 2012.
After John parted ways with Craig in 2012, he began working with Mike Sell who helped him raise his game to another level as he managed to beat Roger Federer, David Nalbandian, and Novak Djokovic. However, Isner decided to split with Sell in 2014, as he hired Justin Gimelstob with whom he worked until April 2016.
Kyle Morgan has served as John’s fitness trainer and his chiropractor is Clint Cordial.
John Isner Favorite Things
- TV Show – Curb Your Enthusiasm (2000-Present)
- Surface – Hard court
Source – ATPWorldTour.com
John Isner Facts
- Isner started playing tennis at the age of 9.
- His hobbies include fishing, playing poker, basketball, watching TV and playing golf.
- He supports the NFL team Carolina Panthers and the football team of the University of Georgia.
- Isner is a fan of Fremantle Football Club in the Australian Football League.
- Isner’s childhood idol has been Karl Malone.
- John thinks his forehand and serve are his strengths.
- He was a member of the ATP Player Council from 2014 to 2016.
- In 2009, John was selected for the ATP Most Improved Player of the Year.
- He was a basketball player until 9th.
- At the age of 16, he grew 5 more inches and went from 6’3 to 6’8.
- Isner stated that if he didn’t succeed as a tennis player, he would have been a basketball player.
- John won USA F14 Futures, which was his first professional trophy.
- He achieved his first ATP trophy at the 2010 Heineken Open in Auckland.