|Catt Sadler Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||August 24, 1974|
Catt Sadler is an award-winning journalist who is mostly recognized for her decade-long work on the E! Network. She has also been a regular fixture at the red carpet events during the award season and has interviewed top celebrities in Hollywood at the Golden Globes, SAG Awards, Emmy Awards, Oscars, etc. Catt made headlines when she resigned from the entertainment network in December 2017 over issues with the gender pay disparity. By speaking out publicly, she brought an important issue to the forefront and joined forces with many others in the Time’s Up movement to advocate for women’s rights and fair treatment at the workplace. Since then, she has successfully transitioned into an independent businesswoman and lives with her 2 sons, Austin and Arion, in Los Angeles. As of 2019, Catt has more than 200k followers on Twitter and more than 600k followers on Instagram.
Catherine Ann Sadler
Martinsville, Indiana, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Catt studied at Martinsville High in her hometown.
She attended Indiana University and completed her Bachelor’s degree in journalism. She was also a part of the Chi Omega sorority in college.
- Father – Stanley Eugene Sadler (Realtor) (Died from cancer in 2014)
- Mother – Linda Rendleman (Author, Speaker)
- Siblings – Jane Sadler (Older Sister), A.J. Sadler (Younger Brother)
- Others – Joseph Sadler (Paternal Grandfather), Lucille Sadler (née Brewer) (Paternal Grandmother), Andrew Robert Rendleman (Maternal Grandfather) (Died in 2017), Freda Rendleman (Maternal Grandmother) (Died from Alzheimer’s Disease in 2007), Jennifer Sadler (née Jones) (Stepmom), Joe Sadler (Step-brother), Bridget Sadler (Sister-in-law) (Wife of Joe), John Madison Sadler (Step-brother), Amanda McGovern (Step-sister), Max McGovern (Nephew) (Son of Amanda), Jack McGovern (Nephew) (Son of Amanda), Maddie McGovern (Niece) (Daughter of Amanda), Jake Davis (Nephew), Lily Davis (Niece), Steve Sadler (Paternal Uncle), Janelle Sadler (Paternal Aunt) (Wife of Steve), Anita Schnaiter (Paternal Aunt), Debra Harling (Paternal Aunt), Louvenia Holstein (Paternal Aunt), Ken Holstein (Paternal Uncle) (Husband of Louvenia), Kevin Sadler (Paternal Uncle)
Catt is represented by the California-based William Morris Endeavor.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
51 kg or 112.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Catt Sadler has dated –
- Kyle Boyd (2001-2008) – Catt and her college sweetheart Kyle Boyd got married in 2001. The couple welcomed 2 sons, Austin Williams (b. 2001) and Arion Kyle (b. 2005) into their family. However, Catt and her fashion executive husband got divorced in 2008. Since their separation, the two have managed to amicably co-parent their children together.
- Brett Jacobson (2009) – A chance encounter between Sadler and Brett Jacobson on Memorial Day in 2009 led to an unexpected romance. The two bonded on the flight back to Los Angeles after attending the Indianapolis 500 separately. Brett, a South African native, was CEO of the HER energy drink brand. After a whirlwind romance, the couple got engaged in October 2009. However, a week later, they called off their engagement but decided to stay together as a couple.
- Rhys David Thomas (2010-2017) – Catt met British film producer and director, Rhys David Thomas, at a charity event in May 2010. After dating for more than a year, the lovebirds tied the knot at the Palazzo Hotel in Las Vegas on October 23, 2011. Although they didn’t have any kids together, Rhys was actively involved in raising Catt’s children with ex-husband Kyle Boyd. Catt had also spoken of how Rhys got along well with Kyle and his new spouse Sarah, and that the foursome often celebrated family functions together. Sadly, the couple split up in January 2016 and Catt filed for divorce a few months later in March. Like her previous relationships, Catt has maintained a cordial rapport with Rhys after their divorce got finalized in 2017.
- Nick LaKind (2017-2019) – Catt began dating interior designer Nick LaKind in August 2017. She gushed about her new man in an interview in January 2018, calling him her new best friend. However, in April 2019, Catt revealed that the two had broken up and that she was happy focusing on her growing career and personal life.
Race / Ethnicity
She has 6 tattoos on her body which include a feather on her ribcage, a lion/Pisces constellation on her right bicep, tally marks on her right forearm, two inward-facing arrows on her right wrist, a dove and the initials of her two sons on her left forearm, and some sort of symbol on her upper back.
Catt has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Nestle’s Cranberry Raisinets (Print Ad) (2009)
- Jeep Compass (2017)
- Murad Rapid Lightening Serum
- NYDJ Jeans
- Secret Deodorant (I’d Rather Get Paid Campaign) (2018)
- MM.LaFleur (What Are You Made Of? Campaign) (Clothing brand) (2019)
- Ooni Pizza Ovens
- 3×1 (Denim brand)
- Felix Trattoria (Italian Restaurant)
- Camilla and Marc
- Tracy Reese
- Schutz Shoes
- Amur (Fashion brand)
- Gianvito Rossi
Best Known For
- Being the co-host of entertainment shows like E! News, E! News Weekend, The Daily 10, Live from E!, and Daily Pop since 2006
- Stepping down from her anchoring duties at E! in 2017 due to pay disparity and creating awareness about the existing gender pay gap in the industry
- Her impeccable sense of fashion and style which she showcases on her website and also shares with her 600k plus followers on Instagram
Catt made her theatrical film debut with the 1986 sports film Hoosiers. She was 11 years old at that time.
First TV Show
Catt made her TV show debut as the host of the weekly segment Youth Matters on the Fox-affiliated channel WXIN in her college days.
Catt boasts of an incredibly toned physique and has been known to work out regularly despite her back-breaking work schedule. Over the years, she has frequented Modo Yoga in Los Angeles for hot yoga classes and has also followed fitness videos by Tracy Anderson to whip herself into shape. In 2019, Catt revealed that she works out 4 times a week by doing hot yoga, and occasionally goes for running, jogging, swimming, and hiking. She also uses the P.volve technique to strengthen and sculpt her body in time for the beach season.
Catt’s daily diet plan is as follows –
- Breakfast – On workdays, she starts her morning with a cup of latte and follows it up with a fruit smoothie a few hours later. During the weekends, she prefers avocado on toast, granola, and mixed berries.
- Lunch – A salad made with chickpeas, avocado, mixed greens, soba noodles, seared tuna, and roasted brussels sprouts with a Thai-lemon dressing
- Dinner – Salmon or white fish, a type of steamed vegetable, some salad or rosemary potatoes on the side
- Catt also enjoys snacking on crispy potato chips and hummus.
Catt Sadler Favorite Things
- Pair Of Shoes – Grey suede Manolos
- Shoes Worn For A Red-Carpet Event – Miu Miu stilettoes with gold embellishment on the heel
- Shoes To Wear During Fashion Week – Givenchy black gladiator sandals, Stan Smith sneakers, Isabel Marant boots
- Restaurant In Los Angeles – Petit Trois
- Food – Cheese
- Hotels – The Peninsula Paris, The Connaught Hotel in London
- Desserts – Cheesecake, Chocolate chip cookies
- Song – We Are Family by Sister Sledge
- Movie – Vicky Cristina Barcelona (2008)
- Drink – Spicy margarita on the rocks with no salt
- Flower – Bird of paradise
- Actor – Johnny Depp
- Car – Audi Q7
- Singer – Adele
- Music Performer – Chris Martin
- Sport – Basketball
- Perfume – Carnal Flower by Frederic Malle
- Skincare Brand – Murad Skincare
- People – Michelle Obama, Her sons Austin and Arion
- Place To Visit – Disneyland
- P.volve Equipment – Armbands
- P.volve Move – Hip Lifts
- Celebrity On Her Naked With Catt Sadler Podcast – Olivia Munn
- Go-To Lunch – Kale Salad
- Guilty Pleasure – Jalapeño margaritas
- Travel Destination – Tuscany in Italy
- Red Lipstick Brands – Rodin in Red Hedy, Nars in Dragon Girl, NYX in Spicy
- Mexican Restaurant – El Compadre
- Flavor Of Kombucha Fermented Tea – Ginger lemon and plum from Health-Ade
- Quote – “Life isn’t happening to you. It is responding to you” by Rhonda Byrne
- Designer – Balenciaga
- Fashion Trend Of 2018 – Sneakers
Catt Sadler Facts
- Her parents divorced when she was young and Catt was raised by her single mother, author and speaker, Linda Rendleman.
- Catt has served as the international spokesperson for the non-profit foundation Women Like Us. The organization was founded by her mother and focuses on empowering women (mostly in African countries) through education and also provides financial aid for women-led initiatives.
- Following in her mother’s footsteps, Sadler launched the Women Like Us Hollywood chapter to help at-risk school girls in her local area of Los Angeles.
- She appeared as a dancing librarian in the music video You Better Pray by the rock band The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.
- Catt’s name was added to the list of the ‘Top 10 Up-and-coming Broadcasters in the Entertainment Industry’ by the Los Angeles Times.
- She has a rescue dog named Scarlett and a cat called Kylo.
- In December 2017, Catt walked away from her dream job at E! Network after discovering that her co-host Jason Kennedy earned almost twice as much as her for similar work duties.
- She broke her silence on the matter by publicly stating that she felt undervalued and frustrated after giving more than 12 years of her life to the job. Her public decision helped start the conversation on gender pay disparities in workplaces.
- Actresses like Debra Messing, Eva Longoria, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Laura Dern expressed their support for Sadler on the red carpet of the Golden Globe Awards in 2018. The celebrities also criticized E! for not standing up for pay equality.
- Catt is the owner of the production company, Love Bug Entertainment.
- In July 2021, Catt was down with coronavirus and was already fully vaccinated.
Featured Image by Catt Sadler / Instagram