|Patricia Clarkson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 29, 1959|
Patricia Clarkson is an American actress who has established herself as one of the finest actresses. She has been meticulous and judicious in selecting appropriate roles that would give her the best opportunities to flaunt her acting skills and the result has been several critically acclaimed performances in movies as well as TV shows. She has even won a nomination for a Tony Award for her masterful performance as Mrs. Kendal in the 2014 production of The Elephant Man.
Patricia Davies Clarkson
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Patricia Clarkson went to the O. Perry Walker High School. After graduating from high school, she got enrolled at the Louisiana State University to study speech pathology. But, she later transferred to Fordham University in New York City to study drama. She graduated from the university summa cum laude with a drama degree.
She later studied at the Yale School of Drama to earn her Master of Fine Arts degree.
- Father – Arthur Clarkson (School Administrator, worked at the Louisiana State University School of Medicine)
- Mother – Jackie Clarkson (New Orleans Politician and Councilwoman)
- Siblings – Kevi Sanders (Older Sister), Cindy Alsfeld (Older Sister), Jacquelyn Rutgers Clarkson (Older Sister), Diane Hastings (Older Sister)
- Others – Arthur Alexander Clarkson (Paternal Grandfather), Elizabeth D. Portner (Paternal Grandmother), John Patrick Brechtel (Maternal Grandfather), Sophie Berengher (Maternal Grandmother)
Patricia Clarkson is represented by Anonymous Content (Talent Management Company).
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Patricia Clarkson has dated –
- Campbell Scott – In the early 2000s, Patricia Clarkson was going out with actor Campbell Scott. They even came together to work in the movie, The Dying Gaul.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Hispanic)
She has Basque, Ashkenazi Jewish, German, English, French, Scottish, Scots-Irish, and Irish ancestry. She also has traces of Dutch ancestry.
- Beautiful smile
- Blue eyes
In 2007, Patricia Clarkson appeared in a TV commercial for LouisianaTravel.com.
Best Known For
- Being cast in an important role in the comedy-drama movie, Pieces of April. She even won a Golden Globe award for her tremendous performances in the movie.
- Having played the role of Sarah O’Connor in the HBO drama series, Six Feet Under. She landed two Primetime Emmy Awards for her work in the series.
- Being cast in important roles in successful movies such as The Pledge, The Station Agent, Far from Heaven, The Green Mile, and High Art
In 1987, she made her theatrical film debut in the gangster drama movie, The Untouchables.
First TV Show
In 1985, Patricia Clarkson made her first TV show appearance in The Choice episode of the crime drama series, Spenser: For Hire.
Patricia Clarkson tries to work out in the gym at least twice a week. She relies on the guidance of her personal trainer to get the most out of her workout. She also tries to sustain a healthy lifestyle.
When it comes to diet, she focuses on eating a healthy and clean diet. She mostly eats gluten-free and dairy-free food, which she has been eating for years. When she has a show, she eats a lot of protein and drinks protein shakes. She also makes sure that she eats her breakfast daily. Usually, she likes to have rice meal and cereals for her first meal of the day. Occasionally, she likes to have oatmeal.
Patricia Clarkson Favorite Things
- Guilty Food Pleasure – French Fries dipped in mayonnaise
- Skincare Products – Tom’s soap, Nature’s Gate Body Wash, Kiehl’s Crème de Corps, Dr. Hauschka Toner, Power Rich by Dermalogica, Dermalogica Super Rich Repair, and Moisturizing Mask by Dr. Hauschka
- Makeup Products – Clé de Peau Foundation, Under-eye Stick by Shu Uemura, Kevyn Aucoin Pink Blush, Volumizing Mascara by Rilastil, Bobbi Brown bronzing powder in Golden Light
- Lipstick – Revlon Cherries in the Snow
- Fragrance – Stila Crème Bouquet
- Hair Products – Kiehl’s shampoo and conditioner, Redken’s All Soft line, John Frieda shampoo
- Movies – Gaslight (1944), Desk Set (1957), Driving Miss Daisy (1989), Gosford Park (2001), Sexy Beast (2000), and Y Tu Mamá También (2001)
Source – Web MD, NY Times, IMDb
Patricia Clarkson Facts
- In 2000, she was made a member of the dramatic jury at the Sundance Film Festival.
- When she was 13 years old, her teacher in the speech class told her that she had the skills of an actress and should get into the drama club to polish up her skills.
- While she was studying in junior high school and high school, she was cast in numerous school productions.
- After graduating from the Yale School of Drama, she started working in the New York City-based productions and in 1986, attracted a lot of attention for her portrayal of Corrina in The House of Blue Leaves.
- She initially focused on improving her skills by working in theatres and didn’t even try Hollywood until she was in her late 20s.
- Patricia has often insisted in her interviews that she never wanted to get married in her life nor she has ever had any longing to have children.
- She doesn’t have any official social media account.
Featured Image by David Shankbone / David Shankbone / CC BY-3.0