|Jonquel Jones Quick Info
|6 ft 6 in
|Date of Birth
|January 5, 1994
Jonquel Jones is a Bahamian basketball player who is best known for her contribution as the power forward and center player of the Connecticut Sun of the Women’s National Basketball Association.
Jonquel Orthea Jones
Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bahamian
Jones studied at Riverdale Baptist School, Upper Marlboro.
She attended Clemson University and also went to the George Washington University.
Professional Basketball Player
As a member of Connecticut Sun, Jonquel is represented by Curt Miller.
6 ft 6 in or 198 cm
86 kg or 189.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She has Bahmanian and Bosnian ancestry.
- Dreadlock hairstyle
- Tall physical appearance
Jonquel Jones Favorite Things
- Coffee Mug – Jonquel Jones Hug Mug
Source – Winsidr
Jonquel Jones Facts
- Jones developed a passion for basketball even before the age of 14.
- She played for the Clemson and George Washington basketball team at power forward and center position.
- At the 2016 WNBA Draft, she was the 6th overall pick.
- She signed to Connecticut Sun in 2016, after being traded by the Los Angeles Sparks for fellow basketball player Chelsea Nichelle Gray.
- Jones played for the Asan Woori Bank Wibee of the Women’s Korean Basketball League in the 2016-2017 off-season games and also helped the team win the championship. Other than that, she has played for several other foreign teams including UMMC Ekaterinburg and Shanxi Flame.
- On November 14, 2019, she played her debut national game for Bosnia and Herzegovina against Russia at the EuroBasket Women 2021 qualification.
Featured Image By BDZ Sports / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0