|Patty Loveless Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||January 4, 1957|
Patty Loveless is an American country music singer who started performing as a teenager. She has released a number of albums including Patty Loveless, If My Heart Had Windows, Honky Tonk Angel, On Down the Line, Up Against My Heart, Only What I Feel, When Fallen Angels Fly, The Trouble with the Truth, Long Stretch of Lonesome, Strong Heart, Mountain Soul, Bluegrass & White Snow: A Mountain Christmas, On Your Way Home, Dreamin’ My Dreams, Sleepless Nights, and Mountain Soul II. As of January 2023, Patty has been a recipient of 5 awards from the Country Music Association, 2 from the Academy of Country Music, and 2 Grammy Awards.
Patricia Lee Ramey
Pikeville, Kentucky, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
- Father – John Ramey (Worked in a coal mine) (Died of black lung disease in 1979)
- Mother – Naomie
- Siblings – Roger (Younger Brother) (Musician) (Died at age 72 in June 2022). She has 5 more younger siblings.
Patty Loveless has been signed with Mike Robertson Management, Talent Management Company, Nashville, Tennessee, United States.
Neotraditional Country, Bluegrass
MCA Nashville, Epic Nashville, Saguaro Road
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth has been $14 Million.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Patty Loveless has dated –
- Terry Lovelace (1973-1986) – Patty got married to musician and drummer Terry Lovelace in the year 1973. He served as the drummer for the Wilburn Brothers. Following the marriage, she changed her surname to “Loveless”. According to the Virgin Encyclopedia of Country Music, the change in the surname was made because she thought it would help to keep her from being mistaken for adult film star Linda Lovelace. Patty and Terry Lovelace divorced in 1986.
- Emory Gordy Jr. (1989-Present) – In February 1989, she got married to musician, songwriter, and music producer Emory Gordy Jr.
Race / Ethnicity
Patty Loveless Facts
- She spent her childhood years growing up in Elkhorn City, Kentucky, where her father used to work in a coal mine. As a result of the job, he contracted black lung disease and the family had to move to Louisville, Kentucky, in order to facilitate his medical treatments. He later died of the disease in 1979.
- Patty Loveless started playing guitar and writing songs by the time she was 11 years of age. She started performing at local events along with her brother Roger and they were discovered at one such event by the Wilburn Brothers.
- She then began touring with the Wilburn Brothers as a vocalist in their touring band after graduating high school.
- Patty parted ways with the Wilburn Brothers in 1973 because she was dissatisfied with not having a recording contract at the time.
- On October 6, 1986, she released her eponymous debut album Patty Loveless and it peaked at #35 on the U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums chart.
- Her 3rd studio album Honky Tonk Angel was released on October 1, 1988, and it includes songs like Chains, I’ll Never Grow Tired of You, Blue Side of Town, Go On, I Won’t Gamble with Your Love, Don’t Toss Us Away, and Timber, I’m Falling in Love. The album was certified ‘Platinum’ by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and ‘Gold’ by Music Canada.
- Patty Loveless released her 7th studio album When Fallen Angels Fly on August 23, 1994, and it won the Country Music Association Award for “Album of the Year” in 1995.
Featured Image by LarkCGN / selbst fotografiert, 90er Jahre, GNU-FDL / CC BY-SA 3.0