|Kate Mara Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||February 27, 1983|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Kate Mara is an American actress, voiceover artist, and film producer who has been cast in television roles like Zoe Barnes in the political thriller series House of Cards, Brittany in the HBO comedy-drama series Entourage, Patty Bowes in the drama series Pose, Vanessa Bartholomew in the FX drama series Nip/Tuck, Hayden McClaine in the FX miniseries American Horror Story: Murder House, Chrysalis Tate (voice) in the adult animated series Moonbeam City, Katie in The WB drama series Jack & Bobby, and Claire Wilson in the drama miniseries A Teacher. Her role in House of Cards also got her nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series” in 2014. Moreover, she has also appeared in movies including Brokeback Mountain, Fantastic Four, Chappaquiddick, Stone of Destiny, We Are Marshall, Transsiberian, Megan Leavey, My Days of Mercy, The Open Road, The Martian, Transcendence, The Heyday of the Insensitive Bastards, Lennon or McCartney, Joe the King, and Iron Man 2.
Kate Rooney Mara
Bedford, Westchester County, New York, United States
Kate graduated from Fox Lane High School in Bedford, New York. She graduated a year early from her high school.
Then, to study musical theater, Mara was enrolled into Tisch School of the Arts at New York University. But, she left it to focus on her acting career.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Film Producer
- Father – Timothy Christopher Mara (Scout and the vice president of player evaluation for the New York Giants)
- Mother – Kathleen McNulty Mara (née Rooney)
- Siblings – Rooney Mara (Younger Sister) (Actress), Conor Mara (Sister), Daniel Mara (Older Brother)
- Others – Wellington Mara (Paternal Grandfather) (Co-owner of the Giants), John Mara (Uncle), Timothy James “Tim” Rooney (Maternal Grandfather) (Ran Yonkers Raceway in the past), Dan Rooney (Granduncle) (Chairman of the Steelers)
She has been signed with –
- Viewpoint, Inc., Public Relations Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
In 2020, her net worth was $14 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
52 kg or 115 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kate Mara has dated –
- Justin Long – The actors were RUMOred to be dating together in the past.
- McG (2006-2008) – The film producer McG met Kate on the set of “We are Marshall” in 2006. He was the director and producer of the film, while Kate was starring in the same film. They dated for two years and they separated in March 2008.
- Charlie Cox (2008) – Stone of Destiny co-stars Charlie Cox and Kate Mara briefly dated in 2008.
- Max Minghella (2010-2014) – In 2010, Kate Mara started dating the British actor, Max Minghella. The duo dated for four long years and called it quits in August 2014.
- Elliot Page (2014) – In his 2023 book Pageboy, Elliot confirmed that he dated actress Kate Mara in 2014, while she was dating actor Max Minghella.
- Jamie Bell (2015-Present) – In April 2015, she was first linked with another English actor, Jamie Bell. In the starting, it was a rumor which was confirmed in October 2015 when they were found kissing in NYC. The couple got engaged in January 2017 and tied the knot in July 2017. In May 2019, they welcomed a daughter together. They were seen together at the BFI Chair’s Fellowship Dinner event while leaving Claridge’s in London in June 2022. In July 2022, the couple announced that they were expecting their 2nd child together. In November 2022, Kate gave birth to their 2nd child.
Race / Ethnicity
Mara has Irish, French-Canadian, and German ancestry on her father’s side, while she is of Irish and Italian descent on her mom’s side.
In June 2021, she showed her newly dyed ‘Blonde’ hair during an FX on Hulu series A Teacher event.
34-24-35 in or 87-61-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
6 (US) or 36.5 (EU)
She has appeared in an AT&T advertisement.
Best Known For
Playing Sue Storm / The Invisible Woman in the 2015 film “The Fantastic Four”.
She debuted with the 1999 drama film Joe the King for her role as Allyson.
First TV Show
In 1997, she guest appeared in the police procedural and legal drama TV series Law & Order for her role as Jenna Erlich in an episode titled “Shadow”.
She is a vegan and hence credits her vegan diet and regular workouts for a fit body.
Kate Mara Favorite Things
- Movies – Coal Miner’s Daughter (1980), Friday Night Lights (2004), Lady Jane (1986), The Sound of Music (1965), The English Patient (1996)
Source – IMDb
Kate Mara Facts
- Kate is a skilled dancer. She knows ballet, jazz as well as tap.
- Her dad has 10 siblings. So, Kate has 40 cousins and 22 aunts and uncles.
- She is a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers and New York Giants.
- Kate went blonde (from redhead) for The Wonder Woman (2015).
- Her great grandfathers were the owners of football teams New York Giants and Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Growing up, Mara was “painfully shy.”
- She has two Boston Terriers, named, Bruno and Lucius.
- In 2015, she provided vocals to the character of Chrysalis Zirconia Tate, Dazzle’s rookie colleague who is her polar opposite, in the Comedy Central adult animated series titled Moonbeam City.
- Mara started acting at the age of 9.
- She portrayed the character of Mary Jo Kopechne, a secretary who was one of the campaign workers for Robert F. Kennedy‘s 1968 presidential campaign, in the drama film, Chappaquiddick, in 2017.