|Ali Abbas Zafar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||January 17, 1982|
Ali Abbas Zafar is an Indian film director, producer, and screenwriter whose career in the film industry started as an assistant director by working on multiple projects for the production company Yash Raj Films (YRF). Over the years, he has worked on several films which include Tiger Zinda Hai, Sultan, Mere Brother Ki Dulhan, Jhoom Barabar Jhoom, Badmaash Company, Tashan, Khaali Peeli, Gunday, and New York.
Sultan Ali Abbas Zafar
Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Ali Abbas Zafar graduated from Kirori Mal College in New Delhi.
Film Director, Producer, Screenwriter
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ali Abbas Zafar has dated –
- Alicia Zafar (2021-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
Sports a beard
Ali Abbas Zafar Facts
- In 2011, he made his debut as a director and writer with the romantic comedy film, Mere Brother Ki Dulhan, starring Katrina Kaif, Imran Khan, Ali Zafar, and Tara D’Souza. The film revolves around a young man who finds a bride for his older brother but then finds that he himself has fallen in love with her.
- For his work in Mere Brother Ki Dulhan, Ali Abbas Zafar won the Stardust Award for “Best Debut Director”.
- He directed the 2016 Hindi-language sports drama film, Sultan, which starred Salman Khan as a wrestling champion from Haryana and Anushka Sharma as a female wrestler who becomes a love interest for Khan’s character. The film was a huge hit and became one of the top 5 highest-grossing Indian films ever.
- For Sultan, he was honored as the “Best Director” at the Tehran International Sports Film Festival as well as received various nominations like Stardust Award for “Best Director”, 62nd Filmfare Award for “Best Director”, and Zee Cine Awards for “Best Director” and “Best Story”.
- As a producer, Ali Abbas Zafar made his debut with the 2020 Hindi-language action comedy film, Khaali Peeli, whose lead cast comprised of Ishaan Khatter, Ananya Panday, and Jaideep Ahlawat.
- He has directed his first web series, Tandav, a political drama with Saif Ali Khan portraying the role of a powerful politician.
Featured Image by Just47 / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0