|Mayank Agarwal Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||February 16, 1991|
Mayank Agarwal is an Indian cricketer who is best known for his aggressive batting style. Since he began his career with the Indian national cricket team in 2018, he has managed to add impressive career statistics along with a number of awards to his name. That being said, his fan base has risen to more than 350k followers on Twitter, more than 450k followers on Instagram, and more than 100k followers on Facebook.
Mayank Anurag Agarwal
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Mayank studied at Bishop Cotton Boys’ School, Bangalore and later went on to complete his graduation from Jain University in Bangalore.
- Father – Anurag Agarwal
- Mother – Suchitra Singh
- Siblings – Raj Kishan (Brother)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mayank has dated –
- Aashita Sood (2018-Present) – Aashita is the daughter of the Police Commissioner of Bangalore, Praveen Sood. They got engaged in January 2018 and tied the knot on June 6, 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
- Tall physique
- Short curly hair
- Wide smile
Mayank Agarwal Favorite Things
- Batting Drill – With a wet tennis ball on cemented surfaces, Top hand drill single hand
Source – Google
Mayank Agarwal Facts
- He was raised in Bangalore alongside his brother Raj.
- Mayank started playing cricket at the age of 10.
- His career-high came at the “2010 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup” where he became India’s top scorer with 167 runs.
- At the Karnataka Premier League in 2010, Mayank was concluded as the “Man of the Series”.
- Since 2014, he has been the only Indian cricketer to have scored 1000 runs in List A cricket.
- In November 2017, during the 2017–18 Ranji Trophy, he scored an impressive 304 runs not out while playing for Karnataka against Mumbai.
- On December 26, 2018, Mayank made his international debut with the national cricket team.
- At the 2018 IPL Auction, Mayank was taken on by the Kings XI Punjab.
- The “Board of Control for Cricket in India” awarded him with the “Madhavrao Scindia Award For The Highest Run-Scorer In Ranji Trophy” in June 2018.
- He was named the highest scoring Indian cricketer on a debut Test match in Australia in December 2018. He smashed an outstanding 76 runs and surpassed the previous record-holder Dattu Phadkar who had set the record at just 51 runs in 1947.
- In February 2019, CEAT signed a bat sponsorship with Mayank.
- Mayank was taken on by the Indian national cricket team in July 2019, in place of cricketer Vijay Shankar to play at the “2019 ICC Cricket World Cup.”
- He was given recognition as the “Wisden India Almanack Cricketer of the Year” in November 2019 at the “Wisden India Almanack 2019 & 20.”
- He is an avidly practices the Buddhist meditation technique of “Vipassanā.” It was taught to him by his father Anurag. It is also said that he developed a passion for it after having read Joseph Murphy’s book The Power of the Subconscious Mind.
- Mayank is an ocean lover and fitness enthusiast.
- During the IPL’s he prefers to bat at number 3.
Featured Image By Mayank Agarwal / Instagram