|Louisa Harland Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||January 31, 1993|
Louisa Harland is an Irish actress who is popular for playing the eccentric Orla McCool in the widely acclaimed sitcom, Derry Girls (2018-Present). She has more than 200k followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Twitter.
Louisa Clare Harland
Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Louisa studied acting at the Ann Kavanagh Youth Theatre in Rathfarnham and Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts in London.
- Siblings – Katie Harland (Older Sister), Ellie Harland (Older Sister)
Louisa is represented by the Emptage Hallett Talent Agency in London.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Freckles on her face
- Curly hair
Louisa Harland Favorite Things
- Film – The Royal Tenenbaums (2001)
- TV Shows – The Office, RuPaul‘s Drag Race, Gomorrah
Louisa Harland Facts
- Her inspiration for playing Orla McCool came from Ardal O’Hanlon‘s beloved portrayal of Dougal McGuire in the iconic series, Father Ted.
- In 2019, the lead cast of Derry Girls (Saoirse-Monica Jackson, Louisa Harland, Nicola Coughlan, Dylan Llewellyn, and Jamie-Lee O’Donnell) was honored with a gigantic mural painted on the wall of Badgers Bar in Orchard Street by the artist UV Arts to mark the show’s unprecedented success.
- She adopted a high-pitched Derry accent for Orla McCool even though her natural voice is relatively deep.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, Louisa and Saoirse-Monica Jackson lived together as roommates.
- She is a huge fan of Kanye West.
- Louisa worked at a local pub to financially support herself after filming the 1st season of Derry Girls. She had an embarrassing encounter wherein she had to serve her colleagues from Derry Girls during a Christmas party at the pub.
- She enjoys photography in her free time.
- Louisa wants Denzel Washington and Ricky Gervais to make guest appearances on Derry Girls.
Featured Image by Jakob Sandevill / Facebook