|Ardal O’Hanlon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||October 8, 1965|
Ardal O’Hanlon is an Irish actor and comedian who is best known for playing Father Dougal McGuire in Father Ted (1995-1998), DI Jack Mooney in Death in Paradise (2017-2020), and George Sunday/Thermoman in My Hero (2000-2006). He has more than 50k followers on Twitter.
Carrickmacross, County Monaghan, Ireland
- London, England, United Kingdom
Ardal studied at Blackrock College in Dublin.
He attended Dublin City University and graduated as a Communications Studies major in 1987.
- Father – Rory O’Hanlon (Politician, Doctor)
- Mother – Teresa Ward (Teacher)
- Siblings – Rory O’Hanlon II (Older Brother), Shane O’Hanlon (Brother) (Politician), Fiona O’Hea (Sister) (Politician). He has 1 more brother and 1 more sister.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
69 kg in 152 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ardal has dated –
- Melanie O’Hanlon – Ardal has been married to his childhood sweetheart Melanie for years. The couple has 3 kids together – son Redmond O’Hanlon and daughters Emily O’Hanlon and Rebecca O’Hanlon.
- Aisling Bea
Race / Ethnicity
Ardal O’Hanlon Favorite Things
- Artist – Edvard Munch
- Play – Shipwreck by Anne Washburn
- Book – Night Boat to Tangier by Kevin Barry
- Album – The Order of Time by Valerie June
- Actor – Jodie Comer
- Podcast – WTF with Marc Maron
- TV Show – Virtues
- Films – Midsommar (2019), Fargo (1996), The Deer Hunter (1978), Apocalypse Now (1979)
- Authors – Samuel Beckett, Graham Greene, George Saunders
- Drink – Bordeaux Red Wine
Source – IrishTimes.com, IrishNews.com
Ardal O’Hanlon Facts
- In 1998, he published his debut novel titled The Talk of the Town. The book was renamed Knick Knack Paddy Whack for American publications.
- Ardal supports the football team Leeds United, the Ireland National rugby team, and the Chicago Bulls basketball team.
- In 1988, he co-founded The Comedy Cellar, a comedy club in Dublin, Ireland.
- Irish comedian Dylan Moran has credited O’Hanlon as his inspiration for getting into comedy.
Featured Image by Anita Weber / Pinterest